Any Besides these for over 50 units insulin

Haven't you seen Everest's big rate increases for IA and TX effective October 1st?

IA F 20% G 17.5 % N 6.1%
TX F 14%, G 11.5% N 10.3%

I suppose it depends on the situation, I am replacing some older Aetna policies now, One I am going to go Everest with, Started at $135 plan F Aetna just over 4 years ago, and Has gone up to $240

I have been able to move her because she uses over 50 Units of insulin, Bankers level 2 was too much on the F, Not enough savings to excite her on G, Really wanted to stay F

Now I can get her to $135 on F or if she is willing $97 on G,

Honestly, I am not as concerned as I was in the past about rate increases as I am learning they all can get hit with big increases

When I was newer, companies like an equitable, and others have been touted for low increases, However, no one is exempt it seems

How is underwriting speed now, Is it doable?

Not any longer then Aetna is doable, Aetna has been fairly long as of late maybe10 days or so turn around

Faster is better though

Vic,

I wrote a little over 25 underwritten med sups last year and the turnaround time for decision/issue was running 10-14 days.

I like using them but that timeframe just doesn't work unless I have to place a client with Respiratory issues using inhalers with them, as of late.

Have you used Union Security/are the rates good for them over there?

I know they use the same e-app/underwriting and are TPA'D by Aetna.

Vic,

I wrote a little over 25 underwritten med sups last year and the turnaround time for decision/issue was running 10-14 days.

I like using them but that timeframe just doesn't work unless I have to place a client with Respiratory issues using inhalers with them, as of late.

Union Security won't take insulin. :no:

Vic,

I didn't know Everest will take the Copd's?

I have not used union security, I will have to contract with them for my Aetna COPD clients that need a lower rate. Do they also not count HT WT as well like Aetna

Also, No one takes COPD smoker, I have a few equitable clients that would love to move if I can do it

I didn't know Everest will take the Copd's?

I have not used union security, I will have to contract with them for my Aetna COPD clients that need a lower rate. Do they also not count HT WT as well like Aetna

Also, No one takes COPD smoker, I have a few equitable clients that would love to move if I can do it
Everest won't take COPD.

Union Security's UW and app is identical to Aetna...even the RX KO list(Aetna's the TPA). Equitable National has the same health questions on the app as Aetna, but they do have a height/weight limit and their own RX KO list.

Everest won't take COPD.

Union Security's UW and app is identical to Aetna...even the RX KO list(Aetna's the TPA). Equitable National has the same health questions on the app as Aetna, but they do have a height/weight limit and their own RX KO list.

Equitable will do smoker COPD, I don't know anyone else that does, Aetna won't, Only I have some with equitable that got hit with high increases I can't do anything for because they smoke

I will pick up union security as I need another alternative to Aetna and Equitable at least for nonsmoking COPD and alternative to Aetna on HT WT

Equitable will do smoker COPD, I don't know anyone else that does, Aetna won't, Only I have some with equitable that got hit with high increases I can't do anything for because they smoke

I will pick up union security as I need another alternative to Aetna and Equitable at least for nonsmoking COPD and alternative to Aetna on HT WT

Equitable National won't take COPD if they smoke. Question 6 E. on the app. I wish they did. I've moved a few to Union Security that didn't smoke.

Latest posts

Back