Any Carriers lenient With morphine

vic120

Guru
5000 Post Club
OH
I have a client on a newera plan F for a couple years just got an increase and I am trying to move him to G, He is otherwise healthy but had a back surgery a few years ago that left him taking pain meds including morphine.

I have a client on a newera plan F for a couple years just got an increase and I am trying to move him to G, He is otherwise healthy but had a back surgery a few years ago that left him taking pain meds including morphine.

What state?

NC much of the underwriting will be near the same for most states, Except for GI and Blues

Well, BCBSTX will take it and currently they are less on G than the New Era F increases here.

This is why I am with Somarco. I'm only going to write here until there aren't any other people to write in TX. I don't how you guys keep up with all the state rules. :)

Well, BCBSTX will take it and currently they are less on G than the New Era F increases here.

This is why I am with Somarco. I'm only going to write here until there aren't any other people to write in TX. I don't how you guys keep up with all the state rules. :)

I Am looking at Aetna, Cigna, Mutual of Omaha, CSI any of these would be in the price range

Apart from that, he would need to stay

I Am looking at Aetna, Cigna, Mutual of Omaha, CSI any of these would be in the price range

Apart from that, he would need to stay
Aetna's a no. CSI doesn't list morphine in their KO list. Cigna's a KO if used as an Opioid Analgesic, might be ok since used for pain. You should check with the UW's.

A few more that don't list morphine in their KO list are Companion Life, Equitable, Everest, Sentinel Security and Thrivent.

Aetna's a no. CSI doesn't list morphine in their KO list. Cigna's a KO if used as an Opioid Analgesic, might be ok since used for pain. You should check with the UW's.

A few more that don't list morphine in their KO list are Companion Life, Equitable, Everest, Sentinel Security and Thrivent.

Ill call Cigna And CSI, Everest is in the price range I am not appointed with them though, Is Everest a good company to have with underwriting niches?

Ill call Cigna And CSI, Everest is in the price range I am not appointed with them though, Is Everest a good company to have with underwriting niches?
I have Everest, but I've been uneasy about using them because a lot of agents say they can't get anything issued with them. I talked with one of their UWers the other day about the toughness of their UWing and she did say they're tough, but I think that if you do a good job of UWing, a lot of those cases would never be sent in to be declined to begin with. They have some niches and they look at maintenance drugs. They might be another company to look at for diabetes/heart if no problems or change in meds or dosage in the past 2 years. They'll take up to 100 units of insulin a day and they're very competitively priced. I think I'll give them another look. :yes:

Back