Any Debit Agents Left?

In the 70s I attended staff Mgr. School with a guy who ran a debit in the Grant Park area of Atlanta before being promoted. He had been robbed 3 times in a little over two years. I always wondered what he was doing that sent out the vibes he was an easy mark because other agents worked that area for years and never had any trouble.

That event Vol mentioned was one of the few time that I was actually scared They were all young teens but there were 8-10 of them and they were bucking up. I was ready to fight but was very relieved that the lady came out with that bat. I have worked some scary places and you are correct that you can give off a victim or Ahole vibe.

everyone of these companies listed in this thread are under the kemper home service companies. They have changed the contact 3 times since 2012 always to the advantage of the company. One of the changes was because they were paying out to much money. I made 140,000 a yr before change. Next year with higher renewal payout,better persist. and doing more increase and growth... i lost 25,000. They are trying to go ordinary as monumental life did 15 years ago. They are advancing 3 months premium out of bankable commissions.

All the debit agents I've ever known (including me) never made much money. The funniest thing was a new agent that would pull up on his debit with a brand new car. Experienced debit agents have a dedicated "debit car." Kinda like a snow car up north. American National used to have an old geezer that was president of home service. Every now and then he would come lecture us on how to make $1000 a week. We'd all try to keep a straight face while he ranted. Sure, you could make good money if your book was big enough-- but as soon as it got that big they would split it up. Our resulting motto: this is the best paying part time job there is...

i'm getting 2600 on s.s.d.i from a debit. That is even missing a tangible income for 3 years when i was in college. You can make money on a debit but you need to build a book with good relationships.

just talked to george novak cl rvp. Guy told me 20%. Thanks for the heds up.
If you're in Texas, and want to work debit as an independent, you need to be talking to LBL. Much higher renewals than CL. What part of TX are you in? Are you still working under Kemper?

just talked to george novak cl rvp. Guy told me 20%. Thanks for the heds up.
BTW, this is an old thread, so George was probably telling you straight. Last I heard they were paying 20%.
Also, I'm totally surprised George is still at it! Haha! I was working with CL about 20 years ago in another state. I met him when he came down from Chicago to speak to one of our regional meetings. He seemed old to me at the time. But I'm older now than he was then, and I plan to work until they back the hearse up to a South Dallas porch where I'll be knocking doors, and throw me in the back! So I guess I shouldn't be surprised that he's hanging in there!

BTW, this is an old thread, so George was probably telling you straight. Last I heard they were paying 20%.
Also, I'm totally surprised George is still at it! Haha! I was working with CL about 20 years ago in another state. I met him when he came down from Chicago to speak to one of our regional meetings. He seemed old to me at the time. But I'm older now than he was then, and I plan to work until they back the hearse up to a South Dallas porch where I'll be knocking doors, and throw me in the back! So I guess I shouldn't be surprised that he's hanging in there!
CL is paying 20% on the GI on Home Service but they dropped the MDO home Service to 17.5%

He was my v.p. at commonwealth in 1982.

Back