Any Short Term Plans that Cover Type 2 Diabetics

Time/Assurant doesn't take all type II. Everyone I have sent over has been shot down.

The only plan they have worth selling is the HSA.

Ned is partly right. Some STM plans will take type II but no coverage for pre-ex.

That leaves a big E&O hole.

I was under the impression that many STM will cover someone with Diabetes, but it will be considered a pre x and not pay anything related.

I haven't looked at any STMs for a while, but since they're only good for up to 12 months and there's a 12 month waiting period for pre existing conditions...I always felt they were only good for new health conditions and accidents.:skeptical:

Most of the 12 month STM plans have been pulled off the market. Everyone I have seen has a 5 yr lookback on pre-ex.

Selling STM plans is like playing Russian roulette.

There is a difference between accepting a type II and "COVERING" a type II.

Accepting, yes I can make that happen in most cases.

Covering... NO.

Bridge the gap until ObamaCare with no pre ex covered? Sure if that is what you want to do.

Have you heard about the PCIP (Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan)? It allows people locked out of the current market to get coverage now, rather than waiting until 2014.

check out pcip.gov

Have you heard about the PCIP (Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan)? It allows people locked out of the current market to get coverage now, rather than waiting until 2014.

check out pcip.gov

Note: On February 16, 2013, the federally-run Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan (PCIP) suspended acceptance of new enrollment applications until further notice. The suspension also became effective in the state-based PCIPs on March 2.

I write several of these per year and just looked at the IHC STM Application. They do not accept anyone who has Diabetes in any form. See Question #6 on the app.

This potential client is better off waiting just 4 more months and he'll have access to an ObamaCare Guaranteed Acceptance major medical policy, assuming that he's a U.S. citizen who is not in prison.
-ac
IHC Secure Lite will take type2 diabetics. It will be a pre-x though

Back