Any suggestions on whether or not to leave the picture?

Yes to a picture, and yes to a different one.

I had mine done at one of those places in the mall where parents take their kids for those weird setups. Worked pretty well, though. I think it's the background/lighting of the picture that makes it/breaks it, and those mall folks really know what they're doing on that note.

Let us know when you re-post it!

Now I take rather sadly! Being a one time and still photographer to a lesser degree, I really don't like the above statement. No, they don't know what they are doing with light, as usually the lights are not moveable! Go to a private photographer that specializes in business portraiture and, get a real shot done! For cying out loud, it isn't that much money.

Geez! All I can tell you is that mine turned out just fine thankyouverymuch. I went there after my kid and her friends had terrific pictures taken!

I ain't talkin no picture booth where 4 spit out....

I have noticed a definate trend towards "business casual attire"- no ties. Lately. I have even seen the big "no-no" of the sport- coat- with- no- tie thingy.

When I first went to sell Beemers we were in suits - that was the image the owner wanted to project.

About 8 months in we got bought out and the new owner got us out of the suit and ties and put us in blue polo shits with the Beemer logo - said countless studies showed it would improve sales.

It did. When I go BtoB I adopted the same thing; polo shirt with my agency's name. However, I do still meet clients with a suit and tie but maybe that's all just in my mind.

I wonder what the effect would be of meeting my clients in my agency polo shirt?

I think I'm the tail end of the "suite and tie for interview" generation but I can tell you as a former manager I was stunned at how many people don't don a tie for interviews anymore. Am I actually becoming a fossil or are ties really no longer required for interview - unless it's a high position?

Back