Any suggestions on whether or not to leave the picture?

I think I'm the tail end of the "suit and tie for interview" generation but I can tell you as a former manager I was stunned at how many people don't don a tie for interviews anymore. Am I actually becoming a fossil or are ties really no longer required for interview - unless it's a high position?

I would assume that ties are still expected for an interview. You can never be over-dressed.

Ch...Very few people on this Forum know that Bob was the co-creator of Seinfield. It debuted about a year before Seinfeld, and did quite well.

Apparently Larry David gave Bob an offer he couldn't refuse and then teamed with Jerry and changed the name from "Seinfield" to "Seinfeld" and created that monster hit.

Without Bob...none of this would have been possible.

"Leave the picture?" Yeah hey, if you have doubts about being in this biz I think you should "leave the picture" and get out. I crack myself up.

When it comes to attire...

Humana had us wearing Humana polos. No ties unless we wanted to.

At Coventry they required ties, but no jackets.

When it came to sales, I would say that I did not see a difference. Then again I am only working the senior market and in people's homes for the most part.

For an interview, head shot, professional meeting, court date for that assault case where your threatened their life to buy a policy, wear a suit. All other times shirt and tie. Maybe Saturdays I would wear a polo but I would want a logo'd one.

Back