Anyone a Commercial Insurance Guru??

mmaedelins

Guru
100+ Post Club
Hey Everyone,
While I've found this forum to be extremely valuable, I've noticed that the majority of people on here seem to be in the life/health/personal lines side of insurance. Anyone (or know of anyone) who is really good at the commercial insurance side of things or maybe has a great website with prospecting ideas, tips articles, etc. that I could follow?

Thanks!:biggrin:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
No one has any suggestions for me of someone good in commercial insurance?? :swoon:

Last edited:
I think VaDwayne has been successful prospecting commercial lines. If I remember correctly, he did well cold calling for xdates. Might be worth sending him a pm.

Commercial prospecting is about 3 things, no big secret....
- Cold calling. This is basically calling for xdates and then working the xdates pretty hard.
- Meet and greet. Take an afternoon everyweek and go out, walk main street (or a business park) and introduce yourself to business owners. Don't sell, find out what they do. Keep records. Nurture the relationship.
- Networking. Whether its BNI/LeTip, chamber of commerce, church or bowling leagues, you have to network. Don't sell so much, but let everyone know what you do.

Yes, you can also get lists of new businesses, nurture a relationship for a year and quote them when the opportunity arises.

Try to bring value to everyone.

If you know enough business owners, its pretty easy. As you talk to one, they will have an issue, and you can easily say, 'Oh, you should call Jim (or Sue). He has a business that takes care of that'.

Dan

Thanks, DJS. :) Those are things I'm already doing including writing articles, operating a website and facebook page. But I'd also like to know about postcards, promotions, flyers, etc. Basically what type of printed material works best, if any. Also, what about YouTube videos, silly or not? I'm just always looking for other ways to get my name known in my state as the person to go to for commercial insurance. What do you think?

Yeah i was going to suggest DJS, he pretty much answers all much questions, but he already posted. I dont know what DJS does though. RBA is pretty good too.

Youre NJ based right? I'm a new startup in NY, maybe we can help each other. I'm still learning commercial and theres a ton to learn.

Back