Anyone Deal with Lifetel Web or Lifetelinsure.com?

What's your average client/case? Let's run an example. You provide the details. We'll compare and let the numbers speak for themselves. Obviously we work with a little different clientele.

In regards to the Principal info. I just offered to send it. I'm not asking for your business. But it's interesting that they don't tell you about that program. You're right the comp isn't as high. I'm sure they told you about Banner, SBLI, Lincoln, etc etc that have similar programs (no blood, no urine) and pay better comp.

Since you brought up comp, you're talking up your contacts. Put some numbers out there and we can see how they compare to street.

You may think I'm coming across like an ass but I think you're learning something. Plus defend what you believe in. I'm interested to find out if it's really that good. And I'm not trying to shame you, I'm just saying be real and own it. You're starting to open up a bit and be honest and for that I thank you. I also like that you know what an IMO is vs MGA.

LOL Well, thank you. No disrespect to anyone else, but I'm a bit ahead of most typical agents. It is fun to compare carriers and products and I do enjoy the dialogue. Let me say something about the LifeTel guys, though. They're absolutely fantastic and the truth is they'll let me write anything I want. They just want the production. I really don't think it's a matter of them not sharing this program or that as much as it is trying not to overwhelm me and keeping me on point and focused. Honestly, through the network, we have access to every possible carrier you can think of including everyone we've been discussing and many, many more. I'm sure if I inquired, they'd give me the scoop. And I did negotiate some pretty good contracts with them across the board and I'm well above street. The one we've been discussing is just a leaner contract and you're right that my Banner and most others pay a good bit better. I'll run some numbers with you, though. I'll get something together. Right now, it's prime calling time. I'm off to hit the phones!

LOL Well, thank you. No disrespect to anyone else, but I'm a bit ahead of most typical agents. It is fun to compare carriers and products and I do enjoy the dialogue. Let me say something about the LifeTel guys, though. They're absolutely fantastic and the truth is they'll let me write anything I want. They just want the production. I really don't think it's a matter of them not sharing this program or that as much as it is trying not to overwhelm me and keeping me on point and focused. Honestly, through the network, we have access to every possible carrier you can think of including everyone we've been discussing and many, many more. I'm sure if I inquired, they'd give me the scoop. And I did negotiate some pretty good contracts with them across the board and I'm well above street. The one we've been discussing is just a leaner contract and you're right that my Banner and most others pay a good bit better. I'll run some numbers with you, though. I'll get something together. Right now, it's prime calling time. I'm off to hit the phones!

Ive read the whole thread and I was curious about this posting on craigslist. Like some here wanted to know if its legit. Glad to see youre doing well. Im thinking of giving this a try, the other telesales i was doing was high pressure for the customer. Is this the same?

No, not high pressure at all. Really, it's much more "order taker", customer servicey, etc. Remember, you're talking to real prospects actually looking for insurance. Especially on the A leads, it's some pretty straight forward, smooth sailing selling. You do still have to close and get the customer to an outcome and decision, of course. Saying that, the presentation is really well laid out and effective and will naturally take you there with the customer. You just have to follow it. Once again, if you just follow the system in general, you'll close.

Hey broncos12. Did you qualify for the LifeTel event in Chicago they have coming up? I was called about it this week, but wasn't able to get much of the details. Sounds very fun, though :biggrin:

I've had a very good experience with them. I've found, as in any program, you have to work the system as intended. They have a very direct path towards making sales and placing business. If you stick to that path, you'll do well.

Though, I will comment on something that's been talked about that I'm not sure is clear. The program works because of the mail leads. The internet leads can turn in to an extra sale here and there, especially if you can build up kind of a "pipeline". That's what's been told to me and I've seen it happen. I posted earlier having picked up a couple of sales from them. The consistent production comes from the mail leads, once again. I'm working the option B route and that's been really good. I get some A leads from them each week and I "put back in" and buy extra leads also. I agree with what's been said that it's your business and it takes money to make money. You can't expect to get very far trying to live solely off the free leads you get without spending some back on yourself to make things easier. They actually have really good leads, but the best leads come at a cost just like they say.

Thank you so much for posting. I am starting training with them and am very impressed so far. I just have a specific question for you about the B leads. Are those all mortgage protection leads? And how good is the close rate? I was told it was pretty high so I don't see the harm in buying a ton of them at only $3 a piece. I was told you can close 10+ apps a week buying 30-40 of them, would you say that is accurate? and off of those I imagine the commission would be between 2500-3500 depending on the premium. Does that sound about right to you? Thank you sooooooo much in advance for any response.

Hello, I responded to the same ad, I have been searching the web for anything. With whom did you have contact with. I spoke w/ Elly Weatherby, I was able to get the fee down to $317.

How are you doing now? What are you averages for the week? Im still thnkng if i should come on board

It's actually not LifeTel's event. It's something BA is doing and there wasn't a qualification. Instead, it's just certain producers they invited. I was invited but can't go because of a conflict in my schedule. The LifeTel event I think you're talking about is in December in Vegas. I'm on target to qualify and that event I'm definitely going to. I just have to keep my current numbers steady where they are and I'll be a lock.

Negotiable initial fee to get started reeks of a scam operation.

A maad scam. No FMO or insurance carrier is going to ask you to pay upfront to work with them. . .

. . . unless it is a clownshow MLM like Primerica, PHP, WFG, or WealthWave. . .

Throw that $650 into leads and get your butt in seat and dial for client appointments.

Is it just me, or does anybody else smell spam? I see a lot of "me too's" and "standing room only" techniques being thrown around here, many by first time commenters?

Back