Anyone else Running into This?

Tkruger

Guru
1000 Post Club
Nationwide
I've now had 2 clients contact me regarding clawbacks ranging from 2K to 3K for the 2K14 plan year. I'm trying to figure out why this is happening to some. I've asked both cases if income has increased 1 has replied that income actually decreased and the other stated that income remained the same. Coincidentally both cases are Self Employed.

In both cases we looked at the 2K13 taxes to get an estimate on income for 2K14 and based it off of that. Both cases required tax/income documents to be sent as proof to the Marketplace.

All of that said I cannot for the life of me determine why this is happening. I'm leaning towards an increase of income somewhere that has caused this....

Anyone else running into this?

It's happened to several of us and where income actually was lower than projection. There was a glitch in their calculation system at some point during the oep and this may be the problem, don't know. I know the slcsp did not change last year so that wasn't it.

This could also be one big government scam. :goofy::goofy:

Be sure to check the number of people claimed on taxes that could have changed. If a child aged out, it would cause a clawback.

Also, be sure to check the "add-ins" back onto line 37, like Soc Sec or tax free income, or SSDI.

Check to see if 1095A matches the SLCSP numbers which can be gotten on Valuepenguin.com by clicking 14' rates.

These are the big 3.

Back