Anyone ever buy annuity leads from Senior Leads in CA?

I had a very different experience. The only "bad" thing was that I got way too many leads ther first 2 days. But I contacted their support and within an hour, they had reduced my radius and reduced the lead flow. So far, 20 leads, 3 appointments (took me a while to contact every prospect), 1 client, 3 referrals from that client.
If you take the time to read the reviews and complaints on BBB site you will see that the company, Senior Leads, constantly belittles customers about being able to read English when the spelling and grammar would indicate that English is not natural for whomever writes the posts. There is NEVER an offer to refund or replace bad leads. I would stay far away

In all fairness, their agreement states there are no refunds and that is clearly spelled out.
Any lead service that does not credit for bad leads and gives leads out of the desired area is not worth the time or money.

I don't like to promote lead companies because I 've been burnt from a few over the years, but this one is very different. The way they get leads are online, people complete a form requesting information on a topic. It could be annuities, insurance, money management. Each ad they run is on different topics, you request the type of lead you want. They have a system and recorded phone scripts to follow when calling the prospect after you sent them what they requested. The leads cost between $20 and $24 per lead. You pick the zip codes and the lead flow, since I'm already busy with existing clients and prospects I wanted to try this out without getting to many leads at once, so I picked a zip code near me with the lowest population. In 3 weeks I have 12 leads, two appointments , 6 no answers on the phone so far. The leads need to be worked, they can't just be sold something or talked to about product over the phone on the first call. These prospects seem to not have financial advisors which can work to our advantage, no competition. The booklets they give you(PDF) to send out are also good and you ad your bio and picture in and they have been FINRA approved. I've also just started mailing the booklets to other prospects I have from years ago that never became clients. This isn't a magic bullet and you really need to follow their instructions but I'm sure it will bear fruit.
If I were new in the business or didn't have much of a practice I would pick zip codes with a large population, mail out the booklets and work the phones.

Last edited:
I bought into the program since 2019 and I'm still getting "leads" Someone has already mentioned this but I thought it would be good to hear it again and who I believe these leads are for. When you get the "lead" in your mail box its reads prospect. but its not really a prospect because all they did was read something on the internet and request some information. You then mail and email the booklet they requested and follow up with a phone call. Most of the "leads" I've received live in mobile parks or apartments. The area I selected is middle to upper income zip codes in a suburb and somehow the less fortunate in that zip code are responding to the ads they run. I've tried to reach many of them but its been an uphill battle. If you have centers of influence like CPA's or attorneys, or you have been in the business 20 plus years and you don't want to chase people down then don't waste your time or money. If you are new in the industry 7 years or less, have time and good phone skills and are willing and committed to making calls every week then maybe its for you. You also want to have some drip email to follow up on these leads. They offer a program for an additional fee but the marketing material for it is weak.
I've been in the industry as an advisor for 25 years I have worked closely with two CPA's and an attorney that refer clients every year and I have pretty good phone skills. I was looking for another avenue of leads as well. I'm letting you know this so you understand that I'm not some slackly complaining advisor.
From this program I have received over 60 prospects, I've called them all and have only reached 10 of them no clients yet. Like I said if you have/make the time and don't have a lot of existing clients requiring service then this may bear fruit. The other issue is its $25 for a lead and they do not offer free phone support. Before you become a customer they will talk to you all day to sign you up and will continue to call you to get you started but then once you buy in its automated system and if you have questions its all via email . These leads should be $10 or $15 each since they are not scrubbed by Senior leads at all.

Before you become a customer they will talk to you all day to sign you up and will continue to call you to get you started but then once you buy in its automated system and if you have questions its all via email .
Took you less than a year to find out you have been had. Any lead company that spends so much time belittling their clients isn't worth a dime.

They do belittle and I agree with you its wrong but we don't know how many agents complain about every lead they get. Also I was credited for all the leads I submitted that were not real so you stating they NEVER offer a refund hasn't been the case with me. And as far as "being had" there leads .its dialing for dollars , Its a numbers game.If you listen to the recorded messages from other agent on the website they will all say you will have to go through a lot of leads to get clients . I have a couple of live ones in the mix but I need to be persistent/follow up. If I were still a rookie in the industry I would have worked these leads to death and made appointments and I'm sure have some sales but I have advisory clients that I spent a lot of time on the phone with during covid and the market down turn.

I thought I'd give them a shot. Of the first 8 leads, I connected with 2. One wanted to meet, but the husband didn't. I'm still hopeful of meeting eventually. The other couple met with me and I wrote a 60k annuity and am hopeful for 4k of annual life premium. Obviously the first batch has a decent ROI.

I had to aggressively shrink my radius as the first 8 leads came in within the first 2 days. I am in a fairly heavily populated area, so my radius is down to 4 miles and I've gotten 4 more leads in the last 2 weeks. I may have to expand the radius a bit.

They do have a system to work. You don't just call the prospect as soon as you get their info. You actually mail them the info with your bio so it shouldn't be so much like a cold call.

For me, so far so good. I guess I could go 0 for the next 30, but I don't have anything really bad to say right now.

Back