Anyone Familiar with ASI Home Policies?

secondcreek

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
ASI is offering unbelievably great rates on their home policies.

Do they offer a HO 3? Any particulars someone should know about ASI?

New home only. Coverage is good, rates will blow other carriers away on new homes. Careful when homes age, as ur insureds will have significant increases at 10-15-20 years.

If ur in texas, Make sure u send them business if u get apointed. They do count all policies though home, dp3, and flood.

I like them as well though they are skimpy on the endorsements. They also are strict in underwriting, which is why they are competitive. They do inspections on all homes here in NC, dunno if it is the same there with you.

Monoline DP3 on investment properties? heck yeah!

Read the policy forms and underwriting though. The policy doesn't provide any coverage for incidental occupancies, for example, here in NC. Doesn't help much for someone that is a small business owner working from home. They also don't like green homes in my area, etc.

If you can get the client written and it's a good fit, you'll love the company. I use them often in my area for the mortgages if people don't want to shop the home and auto. However, I do charge a fee for those people going to my agency since I cannot get the auto and I have to go through the same work to get this done with the mortgages inside the mortgage company.

Ins4u2, do you know how to get appointed with ASI? The location i was at they no longer appoint any more agents even though i have very good book.

Ins4u2, do you know how to get appointed with ASI? The location i was at they no longer appoint any more agents even though i have very good book.

Check a cluster and see if they have it. Also talk to your ASI rep and keep bugging him here and there.

If they can't appoint, they are at full capacity. However, many companies say they will still appoint cluster agents as part of their agreement.

Offer a book roll?

That usually gets a carrier's attention
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
UPCIC is the younger brother equivalent of ASI. If you have them then offer to convert the fallen angels to ASI when they are more preferred.

Last edited:
Back