Anyone Heard of USHealth Advisors?

That is a great post deanbrew.

To my knowledge, USHA is not a ACA compliant plan. If you are willing to acknowledge and agree to a statement of belief, a health care sharing ministry plan may be better for you. You don't have to be a Bible-thumper to be a member.

HCSM plans are ACA compliant if they offer the 63 preventive care services. Many of these plans also offer hospitalization, in-patient and outpatient surgery, lab and diagnostics, episodic primary care and emergency room coverage.

There are a number of things they do not cover such as: eating disorders, substance abuse treatment, abortions. Pre-existing conditions are not covered for 12 or 24 months.

pm me for more details on these plans if you wish.

Best regards.

I have had several people come to me in tears after purchasing similar products under a similar situation and having a medical need (non-accident), only to find out they have no coverage for it, and it is outside the open enrollment for an ACA compliant plan.

One of them involved being put on a very expensive life-prolonging medication ($3,000 per month I think), it was not covered under their healthshare, or their particular one did not cover RX, I can't recall. The RX was not covered under their non-compliant plan either. They made good money, so I don't think they got very far with prescription assistance. They ended up cashing in a good chunk of their retirement I believe until they could get on a compliant plan.

For that reason, I urge extreme caution, that scenario is one of many where these risks don't add up.

I interviewed with them a while back. They sell "health insurance" that you don't pay for until you need it. _lol_ and they pay "advances" not commissions which I found strange. They literally said "we don't use the 'C' word around here."

I told them i was leaving and the lady asked me how much i made the previous year. I told her right around $52k. She said "why don't we put a 7 in front of that?"

I laughed and walked away.

OK. I am not an insurance agent. I realize this forum is for agents, but I have found good information in the past. But I am contemplating a USHealth plan because my current insurer (Aetna) is leaving my state, and the two on-exchange companies I can choose from have unpalatable network limitations and costs.

So, the USHealth agent I am speaking with is trying to sell me the following:

*Premier Choice Sickness, Plan Option - Plan 1
*Optional in-claim covered medical & surgical services benefit double step-up rider
*Included medical inflation protection & guaranteed insurability under short-term medical-surgical plan rider
*Accident Protector - accident coverage ($250 deductible w/ $5,000 accident coverage)
*MedGuard - critical illness
*SecureDental
*PremierVision

She lists the American Independent Business Coalition as an association. I am not concerned with the vision and dental insurance, either way.

As for the ACA penalty, she is telling me that I can pay a $135 per month donation to Christian Healthcare Ministries to become a member of their healthcare sharing system, which makes all of this ACA-compliant, and I won't owe any penalty for not having an ACA plan.

The total monthly premium is about 60 to 80 percent lower than a silver-level ACA plan for my family (about $1,000 a month instead of $1,600 to $1,800 a month). Can someone explain what I am getting into if I take this Freedom Live/USHealth plan instead of an ACA plan. I know I give up any tax credits I might be eligible for under an ACA plan, but saving $600 to $800 a month looks awfully attractive. I am worried, however, should one of my family members get in a terrible accident or come down with a major disease.

Please help me decide what to do. I used to pay under $500 a month for a decent insurance plan, but now the ACA plans cost more than four times that much.

You should draw your own conclusions but US Health Group is notorious amongst the knowledgeable, experienced health insurance agent community for lying about virtually everything related to their 'plans'. I have been in this business for over 10 years and spent 3 weeks trying them out about 5 years ago and quickly walked away due to their tactics.

You should draw your own conclusions but US Health Group is notorious amongst the knowledgeable, experienced health insurance agent community for lying about virtually everything related to their 'plans'. I have been in this business for over 10 years and spent 3 weeks trying them out about 5 years ago and quickly walked away due to their tactics.

If they're notorious for lying as you say, why in the world would an experienced 5 year agent spend 3 weeks with them just to verify what you already knew? :skeptical:

If they're notorious for lying as you say, why in the world would an experienced 5 year agent spend 3 weeks with them just to verify what you already knew? :skeptical:

What a troll you are, do you actually have a means of making a living or do you just hang out posting crap on a variety of message boards all day?

The answer, not that you deserve one, is that 5 years ago they had products that were major medical, weren't requiring exclusivity, and I didn't know much about them-I added it to my portfolio, attended a few conference calls and walked away because the plans, once you added the right options to make them the equivalent of everyone else, were higher in price.

Last edited:
What a troll you are, do you actually have a means of making a living or do you just hang out posting crap on a variety of message boards all day?

The answer, not that you deserve one, is that 5 years ago they had products that were major medical, weren't requiring exclusivity, and I didn't know much about them-I added it to my portfolio, attended a few conference calls and walked away because the plans, once you added the right options to make them the equivalent of everyone else, were higher in price.

Actually son, the company and their products were essentially the same 10 years ago as they were 5 years ago as they still are today....the key is due diligence.

I just ran across an agent with them at a networking event. I had a feeling something was wrong, now I see.

The fact anyone wants to sell health insurance in TN pretty much clued me in that something was up.

They have most all of the internet search sites wrapped up. Their agents get as many leads as they can handle, most want an agent to talk with 100 prospects a day. I know a guy working for them that is making mucho grande commissions, but lots lapse once client knows the deal. If their agents told the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth their plans aren't to bad. Compared to a HDHP their plans pay schedule of benefits plus negotiated rates compared to a HDHP that only allows negotiated rates. The 5000 stop loss raise premiums to the lowest priced bronze plan but this is never discussed with prospects nor is the potential penalty although they now have a CSM they tell folks that ask about the penalty for 45 per month per enrollee.

Back