Anyone Heard of USHealth Advisors?

What penalty? Are you talking about the affordable care act? If so then they don't have to pay a penalty because we are federally approved. Yes we do talk about out of pocket cost, we thoroughly explain the extent of the coverage to our clients, since there's no deductible to meet, which there are out of pocket expenses but it is far cheaper than having a huge deductible to climb over. We have underwriting, with that being said we are able to get premiums for clients at lower costs depending on the state of their health. Not everyone can be approved because not everyone is healthy. But for those that are healthy, they get amazing benefits! We also have coverage throughout the United States and up to 30 days outside of the United States which is awesome for travelers!

Can you share that koolaid???

Kenzy20, I caution you to be careful what you say on here. I am sure you are excited to be a part of the USHA team but, there are lots of sharks on here. ;)

Last edited:
What penalty? Are you talking about the affordable care act? If so then they don't have to pay a penalty because we are federally approved. Yes we do talk about out of pocket cost, we thoroughly explain the extent of the coverage to our clients, since there's no deductible to meet, which there are out of pocket expenses but it is far cheaper than having a huge deductible to climb over. We have underwriting, with that being said we are able to get premiums for clients at lower costs depending on the state of their health. Not everyone can be approved because not everyone is healthy. But for those that are healthy, they get amazing benefits! We also have coverage throughout the United States and up to 30 days outside of the United States which is awesome for travelers!

I suggest you start educating yourself on the ACA. Telling your clients that they will not be penalized sounds like a quick way to use your E&O

Dude, you better take the time to learn you product first.

"The individual mandate under the Affordable Care Act (“ACA”) generally requires individuals to maintain “minimum essential coverage” in 2014 and beyond, or be subject to payment of the annual shared responsibility payment, the amount of which is based, in part, upon the individual’s household income each year" this taken directly from your US HEALTH WEBSITE.

Its alright, we all have to learn just realize in this business there almost always is more hype than truth be told from your higher ups regardless of what company, some are just worst than others

Dude, you better take the time to learn you product first.

"The individual mandate under the Affordable Care Act (“ACA”) generally requires individuals to maintain “minimum essential coverage” in 2014 and beyond, or be subject to payment of the annual shared responsibility payment, the amount of which is based, in part, upon the individual’s household income each year" this taken directly from your US HEALTH WEBSITE.

Its alright, we all have to learn just realize in this business there almost always is more hype than truth be told from your higher ups regardless of what company, some are just worst than others

I remember USHealth.

What exactly do they "NOT" offer in their plans that prohibits them from qualifying for the tax exemption?

Just asking from a newbe.

?

I remember USHealth.

What exactly do they "NOT" offer in their plans that prohibits them from qualifying for the tax exemption?

Just asking from a newbe.

?

I haven't really looked at the plan or the app but I'm guessing one of these or multiple.

Requiring health questions to be asked
Having a lifetime coverage limit
Not covering required preventive services
Not meeting the limits on cost sharing
Covering preexisting conditions

OK. I am not an insurance agent. I realize this forum is for agents, but I have found good information in the past. But I am contemplating a USHealth plan because my current insurer (Aetna) is leaving my state, and the two on-exchange companies I can choose from have unpalatable network limitations and costs.

So, the USHealth agent I am speaking with is trying to sell me the following:

*Premier Choice Sickness, Plan Option - Plan 1
*Optional in-claim covered medical & surgical services benefit double step-up rider
*Included medical inflation protection & guaranteed insurability under short-term medical-surgical plan rider
*Accident Protector - accident coverage ($250 deductible w/ $5,000 accident coverage)
*MedGuard - critical illness
*SecureDental
*PremierVision

She lists the American Independent Business Coalition as an association. I am not concerned with the vision and dental insurance, either way.

As for the ACA penalty, she is telling me that I can pay a $135 per month donation to Christian Healthcare Ministries to become a member of their healthcare sharing system, which makes all of this ACA-compliant, and I won't owe any penalty for not having an ACA plan.

The total monthly premium is about 60 to 80 percent lower than a silver-level ACA plan for my family (about $1,000 a month instead of $1,600 to $1,800 a month). Can someone explain what I am getting into if I take this Freedom Live/USHealth plan instead of an ACA plan. I know I give up any tax credits I might be eligible for under an ACA plan, but saving $600 to $800 a month looks awfully attractive. I am worried, however, should one of my family members get in a terrible accident or come down with a major disease.

Please help me decide what to do. I used to pay under $500 a month for a decent insurance plan, but now the ACA plans cost more than four times that much.

Back