Anyone service The Village's / Lady Lake area and represent Lasso MSA?

Hey all,

I have a family member who is interested in the Lasso MSA. They live in Lady Lake. I'm not appointed with Lasso. They want someone local and obviously someone who knows what they are doing. If interested in helping them let me know.

They never go to the doctor and probably never will. Are you appointed with Lasso Chazm?

Nah. Our MAPDs are just too strong here to even consider lasso.
I’d look at a part b refund plan if they really believe they’ll never use it.

Assuming they will really never use it why would you do a refund plan? Essentially Lasso is giving you back $250 per month. To the best of my knowledge, there aren't any refund plans that come anywhere close to that even with the ancillary benefits. I'm in SRQ so I assume that plans aren't too different in the Orlando/Villages areas but you would know better than I.

Assuming they will really never use it why would you do a refund plan? Essentially Lasso is giving you back $250 per month. To the best of my knowledge, there aren't any refund plans that come anywhere close to that even with the ancillary benefits. I'm in SRQ so I assume that plans aren't too different in the Orlando/Villages areas but you would know better than I.

I think the reason you'd do a refund plan is because that is money in their pocket. On the Lasso plan, that's money in an account that has to be used for qualifying expenses. So all things being equal (assuming they never go to the doctor), with the refund plan, that is money they can use on whatever they want.

It doesn't have to be used on qualifying expenses. It has to be used on qualifying expenses to be exempt from taxes.

It's not only taxed if used for non-qualifying expenses, but also subject to a 50% penalty. So let's assume they withdrew $3,000 and didn't use it on qualifying expenses. They pay taxes on $3,000 (let's call it 15% = $450) plus a $1,500 penalty. So they net $1,050.

And just for sh*ts and giggles, let's assume that $3,000 in additional income put their income at the point where some of their Social Security is now taxable. That would further reduce the net of $1,050 in that scenario.

It's just not as cut and dry as you want to make it. There very well may be a benefit to doing what you suggest, but I'd cover all the angles first. Better to know going in than to find out after it's too late.

Last edited:
Back