Anything Similar To Aflac ?

You can sell Aflac on an Individual basis but the client will have to go through underwriting.

No disability or vision on the individual side and stricter underwriting plus they pay a little more. Three social security numbers constitutes a group. GI underwriting on groups of 100+

Commissions probably not as good as similar carriers but you do get that name brand recognition with Aflac. I think that matters with some people and some agents. Others, not so much.

If you are on a group plan and you leave, you can take all your benefits with you including disability and vision and they give you a 60 day grace period.

No disability or vision on the individual side and stricter underwriting plus they pay a little more. Three social security numbers constitutes a group. GI underwriting on groups of 100+

Commissions probably not as good as similar carriers but you do get that name brand recognition with Aflac. I think that matters with some people and some agents. Others, not so much.

If you are on a group plan and you leave, you can take all your benefits with you including disability and vision and they give you a 60 day grace period.

I tell people our plans are like AFLACs but you don't have to put up with that stupid duck!:D

I second that about AGLA. I've seen firsthand their cancer and accident policies pay out very well to clients, and they also pay decent commissions to special reps (ie independent agents).

I second that about AGLA. I've seen firsthand their cancer and accident policies pay out very well to clients, and they also pay decent commissions to special reps (ie independent agents).

First year is good but renewals are way below par for that type of product.. But, I still enjoy writing their cancer.

First year is good but renewals are way below par for that type of product.. But, I still enjoy writing their cancer.

What's the difference that you have found with CUL vs. AGLA? Do you like ones products over another (cherry picking from each company)?

I have an appointment this evening with two people who are interested in Aflac. I think they are looking for cancer policies (maybe more)(two sistas in the hood). She also mentioned life insurance because her 10 year term with Aflac is running out but I have the life insurance part covered.

What's the difference that you have found with CUL vs. AGLA? Do you like ones products over another (cherry picking from each company)?

I have an appointment this evening with two people who are interested in Aflac. I think they are looking for cancer policies (maybe more)(two sistas in the hood). She also mentioned life insurance because her 10 year term with Aflac is running out but I have the life insurance part covered.

AGLA has a better premium at younger ages.. AGLA also has a higher room rate that CUL has on their Plan A but CUL pays $1300 per month more on Chemo/radiation. AGLA has a DI amd PW benefit. AGLA can be written though 64 and CUL through 69. 1st yr. commissions are about the same but CUL's renewals are much, much higher. Still, I am partial to AGLA for some reason.

CUL uses a composite rate for worksite.. AGLA doesn't use a composite rate but they have something they call Worksite ABC with will let you write a "group" of one or more lives on individual bank draft using worksite underwriting rules which only has a five year lookback for prior treatment. Comes in handy for single employee situations where a family member has had a problem.

CUL has a wider range of supplemental products available. AGLA has a good CI suite available but underwriting is more strict.

If you contract with AGLA, you can write their life products if they appeal to you. Personally, I like their Quality of Life plans.

Why not check into both.. Special Rep with AGLA (not captive agent).. Neither have production requirements. For AGLA go through you local District office.

Last edited:
Thanks for the information. I've printed it and put it into a file for future reference. If they are offering group Aflac at her work I'll give it my blessing. Besides, the lady I have Aflac with was the one who contacted that place of business. I don't want to step on her Aflac toes. She's not getting those life policies though. :no:

Do those policies qualify as insurance? Should they even be sold? Subtract commission from premium and notice how much is left to pay claims.

Humana has a payroll deduct product that pays $150 for getting a wellness visit after 3 month wait. Group major med covers wellness at 100%. Annual premium at younger ages is <$150. Street commission not counting over rides is 35%. Anything left for claims?

Latest posts

Back