AOR from Smart Start Program (Smart Choice)

Dec 19, 2014

1. medicareguru

medicareguru Expert

So here is the question:

I write an auto policy through the Smart Start program with Smart Choice. Worldwide Insurance Network is technically the agent of record.

During the time I am with Smart Start, I am able to obtain a direct appointment with a carrier that I am accessing through Smart Start.

Will I be able to take an AOR letter at the renewal and move the policy to my direct appointment? I have already confirmed that the non-compete for Smart Choice Agents with sub-coded appointments does not apply to the Smart Start program.

I guess what I'm wondering is if the the carriers have some sort of agreement with Smart Choice not to move policies even with an AOR.

2. AdvisorsIns

AdvisorsIns Guru

State:
    South Carolina
    I am with the SIAA and they encourage us to AOR when we get the direct appointment.

3. ABAInsurance

ABAInsurance Super Genius

State:
    New Jersey
    Yes you are allowed. I was with Smart Start & Metlife was the carrier, once I got appointed I was able to do BOR to my agency. I didn't even have to wait until renewal, I was able to transfer midterm.

4. kimfin01

kimfin01 New Member

I am no longer with smartchoice as of June 4th. BUT I have direct appointments with Grange, Travelers and Bristol West. I have admin capabilities with Travelers and Bristol West. why hasn't smartchoice changed my admin abilities with grange like they did with others. I am getting so frustrated, because no one will answer me. Looking for advice could someone email me directly kimberly dot findlay01 at gmail.com thank you...

kimfin01, Jun 18, 2019
  5. SoloHin

SoloHin New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    hm, that's interesting

SoloHin, Jul 23, 2019