AOR's on Small Groups

I have been approaching all of my vendors and other folks that I have a business relationship with to see if they are happy with their current coverage and the service they receive from their current agent. You can't believe how many small groups never hear from their agent, even at renewal time! No service work, no "touching base" phone calls...nothing!

I have been made the AOR on about 3 groups now in the past month or so just by showing some interest and answering basic questions.

It has worked as well with people who I cold call. If I can't beat what they have, I ask about the relationship they have with their current agent. If it is bad, then I suggest the AOR.
Of course when I become the AOR, then they hear from the old agent :)

Other than saying that "my service is better", how are you saying your service is better.

What is it you do that makes your service better? What are you doing to go above and beyond for your small group clients?

Looking for feedback to how others get people to change BOR!!

Other than saying that "my service is better", how are you saying your service is better.

What is it you do that makes your service better? What are you doing to go above and beyond for your small group clients?

Looking for feedback to how others get people to change BOR!!

Claims assistance

Administration assistance This is key when you are dealing with small group.

Negotiating rate increases. Very few brokers are doing this for small groups under 10.

Employee Education

Instead of the employee going to the owner with their health insurance problems they contact me.

The other key is response time to problems.

If you are walking into a prospect cold it will help if you can provide 3 references to confirm the services that you are talking about.

Back