Appointment Declined United Healthcare

I had an agent denied. We wrote an appeal letter explain the unemployment and sent documents showing the payment arrangements they had with the creditors and proof they were actually making payments. We also mentioned how much business they wrote the previous year with another company.

That worked but then another agent of mine got denied the next year for the same thing.

I would recommend 2 options.

First easy one, offer IRS $20 a month payment plan, they will continue to charge interest and penalties, but they may accept the payment plan under some circumstances.

Second, borrow money from someone, and start a 5 year installment plan with IRS, I don't know how much you owe and if this is possible, but after 3 months of successful payments, you can ask IRS to withdraw the lien. You will still owe the money at least the lien will get withdrawn.

And I would add:

Set aside a percentage of your income for taxes and pay them quarterly from now on so you don't keep perpetuating your situation.

Quickbooks Self Employed automatically figures your quarterly tax bill for you!

I'm not sure how old this thread is or where to go to post, but I have an issue with a denial from UHC. I am very upset, since I have a client who has waited on my appointment. Apparently when I did medicare thru select quote ( A company I was recruited into with false claims that had a lot of agents very upset) doing call center work, I was new and being trained by them. This was AEP of 2020. I didn't do medicare again till mid 2023. I was appointed with an fmo that I decided to switch from. That was a big ordeal since they refused to release me. I did receive a call from UHC compliance about an old complaint, but it was only one, and was discussed briefly, with an understanding that I would clearly go over the prescriptions with every client. I did not get any proof this happened, but I was new so I just thought I must have since we only had 15 min to put the app in. I was told I was cleared. When trying to re appoint, I am told I am denied since this complaint was over 90 days old and I never answered to it. Even though I was never informed when it first happened, and I answered to it when I re appointed last year with the first company and that was approved. Now its like they have no idea that they cleared it, and they haven't even stated if it is the original client that this issue is about.

Basically, I answer everything immediately, as long as soon as I am made aware. I did answer this complaint and it was resolved but now, its like that never happened and I am being denied.

We need laws that protect the agent as well. There appears to be none what so ever. We get taken advantage of when we try to leave an FMO, they don't always release us, and no power to clear our good name with impossible carriers like UHC. I am so frustrated and cannot help this client who refers me a lot of other clients.

Thanks for reading, if there is any help out there, I would appreciate it. I hope someone sees this.

I'm not sure how old this thread is or where to go to post, but I have an issue with a denial from UHC. I am very upset, since I have a client who has waited on my appointment. Apparently when I did medicare thru select quote ( A company I was recruited into with false claims that had a lot of agents very upset) doing call center work, I was new and being trained by them. This was AEP of 2020. I didn't do medicare again till mid 2023. I was appointed with an fmo that I decided to switch from. That was a big ordeal since they refused to release me. I did receive a call from UHC compliance about an old complaint, but it was only one, and was discussed briefly, with an understanding that I would clearly go over the prescriptions with every client. I did not get any proof this happened, but I was new so I just thought I must have since we only had 15 min to put the app in. I was told I was cleared. When trying to re appoint, I am told I am denied since this complaint was over 90 days old and I never answered to it. Even though I was never informed when it first happened, and I answered to it when I re appointed last year with the first company and that was approved. Now its like they have no idea that they cleared it, and they haven't even stated if it is the original client that this issue is about.

Basically, I answer everything immediately, as long as soon as I am made aware. I did answer this complaint and it was resolved but now, its like that never happened and I am being denied.

We need laws that protect the agent as well. There appears to be none what so ever. We get taken advantage of when we try to leave an FMO, they don't always release us, and no power to clear our good name with impossible carriers like UHC. I am so frustrated and cannot help this client who refers me a lot of other clients.

Thanks for reading, if there is any help out there, I would appreciate it. I hope someone sees this.

Who’s your new fmo? Hopefully they’re influential . Have them go to bat for you after you explain all to them. That said all I’ll say is United is United . They’re the biggest by far on the block. They play by their own rules and are definitely the toughest and stickiest on compliance . They won’t bat an eyelash to term a mega producer or a mega fmo. They know agents need them badly and could care less about the agent . Clients love them even when there products suck at times.

Back