Approach on Walking Into Small Businesses

Wow guys. Thank you so much for all your input! I will admit it's all very different from what I'm accustomed to but I will give it a whirl. You guys are the experts on this, not I. (I'm from the individual sales side of life insurance.) I'm going out again today to prospect and I'll see how it goes.

MIM

Wow guys. Thank you so much for all your input! I will admit it's all very different from what I'm accustomed to but I will give it a whirl. You guys are the experts on this, not I. (I'm from the individual sales side of life insurance.) I'm going out again today to prospect and I'll see how it goes.

MIM

Best of luck to you!

Some of those 99 will put money in your pocket if you call them out on knowing they're not going to call you back. A lot of times they'll say call me next week and set an appointment. Go back and look at my original post. I didn't close the door.

I consider calling someone a liar as closing the door... Of course I am depending on the written word and don't have the benefit of seeing your body language. If you are saying it with a smile it might blunt the possible sting a little bit.. If I were going to use what you suggest, I would soften it just a tad by saying (with a smile), : Mr. Business Man, we both know you are probably not going to call me back.. etc.

Not saying you are wrong just giving you my opinion how it strikes me.. I see you are in KY and we consider that Yankee territory and Yankees tend to be more direct than southerners. :)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

MIM

The process is really no different than individual sales.

Wish you the best.

Now if we can just figure out what Goose is smokin'.. If he is from around the Hazard area, I have heard that pot has replaced "corn" as the leading cash crop.

Last edited:
@rousemark LOL. I'm too much of a redneck to be a Yankee. I am just very transparent. Thank you for seeing that my statement could be misunderstood. By being ballsy and calling them out, it seems to bring out the truth. Maybe it's not the right time for them or any number of other things. I'm all about getting to the truth and getting there quickly.

The smokin goose thing comes from a hunting incident that happened many years ago. I don't want to say too much. PETA might be watching.
:-)

@rousemark LOL. I'm too much of a redneck to be a Yankee. I am just very transparent. Thank you for seeing that my statement could be misunderstood. By being ballsy and calling them out, it seems to bring out the truth. Maybe it's not the right time for them or any number of other things. I'm all about getting to the truth and getting there quickly.

The smokin goose thing comes from a hunting incident that happened many years ago. I don't want to say too much. PETA might be watching.
:-)

I'm getting a mental image and it ain't pretty!:biggrin:

I don't carry paper materials, even if the carrier gives them to me for free. I have a section on my phone where I store marketing pieces, and I'll email it if it's requested.

One, it gets me out of having boxes of marketing materials. Two, it's more environmentally friendly (if you're into that type of thing; I'm just lazy and hate keeping track of what I need). Three, it gets me the owners email address, who might prefer to communicate that way (or at least get added to an email campaign).

Back