Are P&C agents allowed to sell while living abroad?

Tridentsins

Morning everyone!

I'm licensed in P&C and I am considering moving overseas for a few years. Is that something that we are allowed to do or not?

Thanks!

Assuming you haven't given up US citizenship (and therefore are still a resident of a state), I don't know of any regulatory issues. That said, the current market I'm seeing is carriers are increasingly wanting home (and even auto in some cases) inspections due to losses. I have agents that work from home, feel free to reach out (1reason.com) if you have an interest and also have at least two years experience. We're licensed in a few states, albeit strongest in WI, MN, IL

If you are an officer of the corporation that owns the policy assets I don't see why it would trigger any regulatory changes as long as you are still a citizen. I know people who are not citizens that full own LLCs with no issues and file tax returns. I also know people who are not citizens that has resident P&C licenses and actually answered "not a citizen" on the application. The only states I have applied for at least on the non-res side that asked about citizenship at all was GA and AL.

Back