Finding an FMO/IMO for P&C

Yesh

Anyone know of any FMO/IMOs in P&C they’d recommend? Preferably one that works with P&C and Health. I have a Health Insurance agency and I’m considering getting into P&C, specifically for home owners insurance. I have a steady stream of leads for home insurance in the DC area. Now, we are just started the licensing process. Any recommendations or things to consider at this early stage would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Thanks for your reply. No imperative need, more of desire for simplicity. I am contemplating leaving my current Health FMO. I am open any good P&C FMOs/IMOs you might know of, which I should consider.

Find a good, local, independent agency that has good personal lines markets and work out a fair commission split and let them do the quoting, marketing, and servicing. P&C is a lot of work these days.

Anyone know of any FMO/IMOs in P&C they’d recommend? Preferably one that works with P&C and Health. I have a Health Insurance agency and I’m considering getting into P&C, specifically for home owners insurance. I have a steady stream of leads for home insurance in the DC area. Now, we are just started the licensing process. Any recommendations or things to consider at this early stage would be much appreciated! Thanks!
I'm speaking from experience when I say this.
I tried the same thing a few years. I own an Medicare centric agency, and tried expanding into the P&C arena, and for the same reason.

The two do not mix nearly as much as you would think.

HO3 and Auto insurance is so much more labor and service intensive than you would ever imagine as a health agent. Plus, the carriers demand so much more production than the L&H side of the business does, that you will end up finding yourself focusing solely on P&C.

granted, I am in Florida though, so that may be part of it. But, in my experience, the only things that P&C and L&H have in common is the word "insurance".

Back