Are seminars viable in 2019?

TheOnlineAgent

I posted another thread on the forums for a specific company but wanted to ask the opinions of those who focus on annuities. Are seminars the way to go? I've tried digital only seminar advertising in the past and have been burned. Is it my approach using only Facebook ads or are seminars just not the right approach?

I've been in talks with a few different FMO/IMOs and it seems all their biggest producers are doing dinner seminars. Is this a train I should hope on as a new producer?

Seminars work. There are a lot of different vendors out there, each with their advantages and disadvantages. Our firm is a partner with Lead Jig/Acquire on the medicare and annuity side. The insurance only agent and comprehensive advisor has had success using them we've had others that have failed and won't use them again.

That's why we use multiple different vendors to drive workshop attendees. Ranging in price from $1500 to $8000 a workshop from educational to dinners. The biggest thing is finding a vendor that has worked in your area before and make sure they know what to do as far a competition. ie not trying to throw multiple workshops in the same area around the same time. You also have to hold more than one to see results.

Seminars work. There are a lot of different vendors out there, each with their advantages and disadvantages. Our firm is a partner with Lead Jig/Acquire on the medicare and annuity side. The insurance only agent and comprehensive advisor has had success using them we've had others that have failed and won't use them again.

That's why we use multiple different vendors to drive workshop attendees. Ranging in price from $1500 to $8000 a workshop from educational to dinners. The biggest thing is finding a vendor that has worked in your area before and make sure they know what to do as far a competition. ie not trying to throw multiple workshops in the same area around the same time. You also have to hold more than one to see results.

If you don't mind me asking, do you have any names of people I could connect with that have had both good and bad experiences so I can get a personal feel for the company from actual users?

So, which FMO are you with? Are you 2 tag team partners? :skeptical:

Ha don't work for an IMO. I did, so I'm familiar with their tactics. And a lot of these "teams" IMOs have that drive people to seminars are actually third party vendors they partner with. Agents and advisors can go direct with the vendors too, but sometimes you get a discount through an IMO.

If you don't mind me asking, do you have any names of people I could connect with that have had both good and bad experiences so I can get a personal feel for the company from actual users?

Don't mind you asking but I'm not going to hand out names and info to a random person on message board. Ha

Back