Are seminars viable in 2019?

Seminars work for some people and don't for others. I personally have done close to 300 seminars and they used to work for me but do not work as well as they once did....for me. The FMO I work with has several large producers (10 to 25 million a year in FIA premium) that do seminars and several that do not. Seminars can be very expensive and one must either learn quickly or have a good deal of money to pour into the events UNTIL you get good.

If a FMO tells you anyone can do them all you need to do is use their "seminar in a box" I would run the other way. It simply doesn't work like that. Many larger producers seminars work because they use it as a easy way for current clients to introduce friends to the advisor. They also have multiple things getting people into the room. SO beyond direct mail/social media, they may also have a radio or local TV show or a college course and these things are really used as a way to simply fill the seminar events AND then at the seminar they use these things as a source of credibility. In my opinion, gone are the days of just doing seminars and nothing else. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying it is impossible but one would have to be a very skilled speaker and have some pretty incredible charisma to build a practice with nothing but seminars in this day and age....But I do not believe anyone can do it.

Hope this helps.

Back