Aspiring Independent Ins Agent / Current Real Estate Agent

Mohammad Ismail

To Anyone Who Comments on This Thread Thank You,

My name is Mohammad I currently live in WI. I am a college student and currently hold and practice with my Real Estate License. I currently purchased the Insurance Agent course study in order to get my license. But now i feel stuck. Long story short my father has a business here that is popular and well know in our community which as allowed me to be well known by a majority of people especially business owners. I was hoping for some insight on what is the best way to become an Independent Insurance Agent. If i can't do it right away how long does it take? Also, could I work in the beginning under an independent Ins Agent? As the title state I work in Real Estate as Well as attend University so my ability to work 9-5 or as a captive agent is not likely. I work a lot on my computer and phone on the go. ANY advice would be tremendous!

Thank you,

You will need to work somewhere in the insurance field to understand the business, perhaps working late afternoons and evenings calling for an agent. Otherwise wait until you are out of school so you can devote the time necessary to learn the business while employed in the business. This is not like Real Estate sales in any manner. You don't luck into a sale by being present when someone wants to buy without knowing what the policy entails.

Back