Assurant Health Closing Down??

As I like to joke, the exchange is like a horrible assistant that screws up constantly, steals 4% of all the dollars and cents that go near it, but cannot be fired. There's really nothing quite like it in this country, probably because other than the IRS no one has ever dreamed of an American Federal Agency tasked with providing annual shopping support and customer service. The job of the the IRS doesn't even come close to the exchanges scope.

Someone warn the accountants! If the IRS catches on they'll probably set up a call center full of undergrads, tell everyone they're better than accountants, and charge a 4% tax on everything that goes through the call center and an 8% penalty on everything that doesn't!

I use Team Corp for USA+ dental and SLAICO for ancillaries. As an FYI, I recently spoke to an FMO who told me that Assurant is going to continue selling ancillaries, they are just getting out of medical.

Last edited:
I use Team Corp for USA+ dental and SLAICO for ancillaries. As an FYI, I recently spoke to an FMO who told me that Assurant is going to continue selling ancillaries, they are just getting out of medical.

Assurant is trying to sell the supplemental business unit and thinks that will happen....

Back