AT&T retirees?

sman

Guru
5000 Post Club
Anybody know if AT&T retirees (new retirees, not those who have been retired for some time) can still use the HRA money to pay for a Med Supp outside of AON Exchange? In the past, they only had to enroll in "something" through AON (like PDP) and they could still be reimbursed for their Med Supp using the HRA.

TIA

Anybody know if AT&T retirees (new retirees, not those who have been retired for some time) can still use the HRA money to pay for a Med Supp outside of AON Exchange? In the past, they only had to enroll in "something" through AON (like PDP) and they could still be reimbursed for their Med Supp using the HRA.

TIA

I don't know, but it wouldn't surprise me if they locked down that loophole. Really, I wish all these people would file a class action suit since this restricts their free trade.

TIA

Here's their site with publicly available forms and info to read through. Have fun.

CompanyLanding | Aon Retiree Health Exchange

TIA

Yes, they can enroll in either a Medical and/or PDP plan to receive the HRA. So long as they keep the drug plan they are fine. Also what you can do is call ARHE with the customer and the rep will tell you what the retiree can do to receive the HRA.

TIA
In the past, the AON "Frequently Asked Questions" sheet addressed this issue. I don't see that question anymore. I wonder why? lol. So AON can hose everyone on their high priced med supps!

What about retirees that have been moved to myvia portal instead of Aon?

I've had about 4 lately and none of them have an hra. When I brought up the subject to the retiree and the rep they both never heard of the funds .

This FAQ applies only to 2015 retirees.
http://www.telcoretirees.org/wp-content/uploads/ATT_Master_FAQs-073014.pdf

Funding to continue for 2018 but may change in the future
Medicare Eligible Retirees/Spouses HRA Will Be Funded In 2018

If someone is 65 or older and retires under this current labor contract, they do NOT have to sign up with AON Hewitt for Medicare supplemental coverage. (this is for 2017)
AT&T Retiree Medical Coverage Update for 2017

I saw the second link you posted Bob in my search yesterday. My only question was, is that for current retirees only or does it include new retirees? No one seems to be able to answer that. And you know that if the retiree asks the folks at AON they are going to try and be as vague as possible so the retiree uses them for the Med Supp as well.

AT&T is offering early packages for folks to retire. Of course, some of these people are already 65 and older. I assume they are offering the same retiree benefit as existing retirees, but just don't know. Would much rather see something in black and white like in the second link which says "and/or" in regard to medical and prescription coverage.

I was able to find this which speaks to the 2019-2023 benefit years:

http://myretireehealthexchange.com/pdf/HRA_ExchangeLetter.pdf

It clearly uses the "and/or" language that we need.

That is correct means that they can enroll in a Medical only or PDP only or both with the exchange. At least one to get the HRA for the year. So long as they enroll in the drug plan with the exchange and you enroll them in a Med Sup that's fine. But they will have to submit their own claims to get reimbursed for the Med Sup premium.

Back