New AT&T plan

Chazm

Guru
5000 Post Club
Orlando
I have an appointment later this week with someone who was offered the AT&T retirement insurance plan.
She is already my client with a med Supp and is getting reimbursed from AT&T.
Im assuming they are dropping the reimbursement and offering a group MAPD.

Is this correct? Are the plans any good? What do they cost?

So when AT&T cut their dividend a while back, this is where the money went?..
probably should have went to better customer service.

I have a couple on the current ATT plan and have been clients for several years. As mentioned, the retiree HRA will be discontinued as of 1/1/2024 and replaced with a self funded group MAPD.

AT&T Medicare Advantage Plan and the premium for retirees will be zero cost and for a dependent $50. For the years of 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028 there will be zero premium cost for retiree and the dependent.

Both are in poor health . . . wife has stage 4 ovarian cancer for about 5 years. She has an established relationship with a local oncology group and does not want to jeopardize that. Other concern is how much Lynparza will cost if changed to the ATT plan for 2024. The Wellcare Value PDP indicates her total cost for the year will be $3400 with all meds (including Lynparza). January is $3400 then $0 for the balance of the year.

Husband has serious cardiac issues and will roll the dice (his term, not mine) and jump off his existing G plan and hope for the best.

Never heard of it before, but it sounds like an insanely good plan. A PPO with only a $900 MOOP and $100 inpatient hospital. Definitely a platinum plan.

Back