Autistic 25 Yr Old

Funny you should mention that. The 2 settlers I wrote 2 weeks ago that are still pending were supposedly "perfect" candidates for settlers because of some mental issues. That's what I was told anyway. Call in for the mother to do the phone interview for the 2 boys. Both over age 25 so that shouldn't be an issue with settlers. The girl that answered said she had never heard of allowing someone else to do the interview. I told her that I had been told it was OK. She wanted to know why they couldn't do their own interviews. I told her they had mental issues. She said "like mentally retarded?". Of course we are on speaker and the mother says, 'yes, they are". She handled it much beter than I would have. The girl has to go talk to a supervisor to see if she can allow the mother to do the interviews. She's gone for a while and then gets back on the phone and says she couldn't get confirmation that it was OK to do the interviews that way but she would go ahead and do them. We get through the interviews. I faxed them in that night. Was two weeks yesterday. Haven't heard a word on them since.

I called settlers a bit ago and the gentlemen said that if I can provide them with legal guardianship paperwork that it wouldn't be a problem. Did you provide any paperwork with the application??

Amber

I called settlers a bit ago and the gentlemen said that if I can provide them with legal guardianship paperwork that it wouldn't be a problem. Did you provide any paperwork with the application??

Amber

No and they didn't ask for any. What kind of legal guardianship paperwork would a mother have for her sons?

No and they didn't ask for any. What kind of legal guardianship paperwork would a mother have for her sons?

Hmm not sure lol, but maybe since my client is 25 they would be asking for them.....? Perhaps?

Amber

My 26yo son is autistic. When he turned 18, his mother had to get a lawyer and go to court to secure a legal guardianship over our son. That was in Washington state. Your client should be able to obtain the same without a lawyer.

Funny you should mention that. The 2 settlers I wrote 2 weeks ago that are still pending were supposedly "perfect" candidates for settlers because of some mental issues. That's what I was told anyway.

Call in for the mother to do the phone interview for the 2 boys. Both over age 25 so that shouldn't be an issue with settlers. The girl that answered said she had never heard of allowing someone else to do the interview. I told her that I had been told it was OK. She wanted to know why they couldn't do their own interviews.

I told her they had mental issues. She said "like mentally retarded?". Of course we are on speaker and the mother says, 'yes, they are". She handled it much beter than I would have.

The girl has to go talk to a supervisor to see if she can allow the mother to do the interviews. She's gone for a while and then gets back on the phone and says she couldn't get confirmation that it was OK to do the interviews that way but she would go ahead and do them.

We get through the interviews. I faxed them in that night.

Was two weeks yesterday. Haven't heard a word on them since.

Was the interviewer aware that she was on speaker before the mother answered that question?

My 26yo son is autistic. When he turned 18, his mother had to get a lawyer and go to court to secure a legal guardianship over our son. That was in Washington state. Your client should be able to obtain the same without a lawyer.

We don't have dumb laws like that here. Besides, why would I provide something not asked for?

Back