Autistic 27 Years Old

MYOWNCO

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Hello Pros,
Anyone ever written an autistic? I've got one 27 yrs. old, can't speak but is gainfully employed. He does have seizures and is on medication. His father wants to get him a policy. Any ideas on carriers if any?

Thanks in advance.

Hello Pros,
Anyone ever written an autistic? I've got one 27 yrs. old, can't speak but is gainfully employed. He does have seizures and is on medication. His father wants to get him a policy. Any ideas on carriers if any?

Thanks in advance.

Look at Monumental. How often he has seizures will dictate the rate or even if he is able to get an immediate benefit.

Look at Monumental. How often he has seizures will dictate the rate or even if he is able to get an immediate benefit.

I worked for Monumental 9yrs ago and they declined my 17yr old autistic son, even on the guaranteed policy. No seizures or meds, just autistic.
They might have changed. I did write him on the Assurity simplified policy a few years later....no problems.

I worked for Monumental 9yrs ago and they declined my 17yr old autistic son, even on the guaranteed policy. No seizures or meds, just autistic.
They might have changed. I did write him on the Assurity simplified policy a few years later....no problems.

If you were captive with Monumental you didn't have all the products available that the broker side does nor are the prices the same. It's a higher priced product for the captives.

If you were captive with Monumental you didn't have all the products available that the broker side does nor are the prices the same. It's a higher priced product for the captives.

Thanks, I was just throwin that out there based on my experience. It was a few yrs ago and things change. I did however talk with several Monumental underwriters about it at the time and they were all nervous dealing with autism.
The best explanation they came up with was that Autistic people are more likely to do kill themselves. Didn't really sit will with me since I have a son with autism and have dealt with many people with this.
Its funny how the captive agents don't have access to all of the products that a company has to offer!

Try an accidental ROP, this maybe an option. Something is better than nothing.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Really, I have a 20 year old low function currently in high school, doesn't speak nor write. No seizures or meds, would this work for assurity simplified issue?

Last edited:
Back