Auto insurance went down by starting fresh quote instead of auto-renew

Yes, everything is exactly the same. They kept jacking our rates up to the point that the accident accident forgiveness from my wife's accident wasn't worth staying anymore so I decided to shop around. Progressive was the cheapest but wasn't the only one that was less than we were paying. All of the coverages are exactly the same. Is there something hidden I should be looking for?

OK, I get it now. You were with another company and went with Progressive for a $400 reduction for the same coverage. That wasn't clear in your post.

I was in a similar position last month (Aug). My premium with Pekin went from $1200 to $1800 for a year. Progressive got me down to $600 for 6 months for the same coverage on 3 cars, one with full coverage, two with liability only.

I've written Progressive for 25 years...they don't want agents anymore. i told management they are undercutting and eliminating their agents to be more like Geico...only problem is I told them their loss ratios would go up so then the premium...customers are being trained more on how to use AI instead of having a good agent in their corner who can help navigate and do the math

if you file a claim...they're polite and will take your order quicker than a waitress at Denny's, but what are your best options on how to handle it? this is where you have a veteran agent in your corner....if u could have an independent agent who works for you and not the company and the rates are competitive, it's a no brainer..i too live in FL...i addressed these very issues with Tricia Griffin...low level cubicle workers who read scripts working for the corp are not for your benefit

Last edited:
they really stabbed their agents in the back by cutting territory mgrs. and commissions. the final straw was when they sent out letters to the very customers i brought them over the years, telling them how much they could save if they called Progressive Direct...now the agent looks like a schmuck because he quoted you a higher number. i've moved most all of my customers with them...another tip agents, don't post the real phone numbers or emails when quoting thru the portals...they will undercut you with that info

Back