Average Number of APPROVED Apps Per Month

lol..frank.....it's not that frustrating dealing with the right companies

I'm sure you are right, however, the bulk of the frustration I experienced was not with the companies it was with the prospects. They all wanted a "100 percenter" and were willing to pay as much as $25 to even as high as $35 per month per month for it. :D

I'm sure you are right, however, the bulk of the frustration I experienced was not with the companies it was with the prospects. They all wanted a "100 percenter" and were willing to pay as much as $25 to even as high as $35 per month per month for it. :D

I love when I get leads for people who are 23 years old coming off their parent's plan.....usually goes something like this:

Me: Have you set a budget for the insurance?
Prospect: Well, I want to make sure that doctor's visits are only $20 and I don't want a high deductible....but I was thinking something like $25. $50 would probably be the highest I can go.

:err:

Puddleglum: Are you looking for the biggest swinging dick on the forum? Whose dick is biggest here? Where are the big hitters? Here is your chance, blood in the water......
Reminds me of the joke from the movie "Slingblade."

Two Carolina boys standing on a bridge over a river peeing into it. The one says, "Water sure is cold..."

The other says, "Yup.. deep too..."

For me so far its 100% but I've only submitted 3 applications. I just started last week. I hope to increase my submissions up to more than 10 a week. But I have only written business for family and friends so far. Gotta get my marketing plan up and working. For now just practicing on the F&F.:laugh:

You are probably not going to get an honest answer to this question.
This is rather personal and confidentially info.
Why not ask, "what % of submitted apps are approved?"
My % of apps approved is between 60 and 70%. And this is after I carefully pre screen every application for height/weight, current health condition and Rx usage.
I wish I had a dollar for every prospect I told to keep their current ins.

What role does Rx play in your decision making in "pre-qualifying" as it were.

What role does Rx play in your decision making in "pre-qualifying" as it were.

Some applicants don't think they have certain conditions because they are taking a Rx. This is how applicants think.
By telling me their Rx's, I have a fairly good idea of their conditions.
Metformin= Blood sugar
Lisinopril=HPB
Wellbutrin=Anti depressant
etc

Some applicants don't think they have certain conditions because they are taking a Rx. This is how applicants think.
By telling me their Rx's, I have a fairly good idea of their conditions.
Metformin= Blood sugar
Lisinopril=HPB
Wellbutrin=Anti depressant
etc

Interesting. thanks, that's valuable insight.

Really this is a good topic.

I am running around 70% of what I submit get approved

I wish I could say was writing 25 policies a month but I am more around 10.

Knowing your carriers underwriting is key. 09 has been the first year I have really pushed riders on minor conditions. This has been good but has created a higher withdraw from the clients.

Back