Aviva Cutting Contracts of 11 Out of Its 50 IMO's!

But if an agent really likes AVIVA, he just gets appointed with another Marketing group. Are any of the marketing groups that were cut actually refusing to release agents to move to another? Do the agents even need a release?

If an agent is contracted through a FMO that was cut by AVIVA, he or she will still have to get a Release Letter from that cut FMO. Got that straight from AVIVA again today. So, yes they do need a Release.

I have a few agents requesting for their releases now, but they have not gotten a response as of yet. Will know more by the end of the week.

The trick with Aviva appointing, that not many people know, is that you can be contracted dually. That is, you can go through one FMO for one side of Aviva, and have a different contract number with a different FMO as well on the other side of Aviva.

In my case, I don't care whether my FMO that was cut releases me or not. I suspect they are working on a deal with another FMO to get some sort of override for sending over the business. Whatever. If that is the case, screw them. I am already writing business through a different FMO that was not cut.

So, anyone out there who feels they have to get released, just go through a new FMO to get appointed on the "other side" of Aviva.

Yeah, I got that notice too.

Aviva dudes at top Aviva dudes meeting:

"Let's see, how can we save money and decrease reserve reqirements? How about cutting lower performance production? OK, done. Now, what else could we cut that would improve our bottom line?" Thinking, thinking....

Has anyone heard that AVIVA is capping their annuity production this year at $1.6B b/c they are having reserve issues? Just heard this today.

Matt

Would one of their cut FMO's be FFG? (federal financial group) When I was with them they were a big producer a few years ago...not sure if that is still the case.

Back