Avoid the Best Leads Company and Greg Horne

logan57907

Fellow Agents, please beware of dealing with this company and person. He was referred by a GA named Ed Lynch as a reliable lead source. His so called method is to use a Phone Dialer to businesses in designated States to ask the person if they want a Health Insurance quote. This person ONLY will accept a check for payment and at $20 per lead. This was back in beginning October and he has yet to fulfill my order for 10 leads, does NOT return phone calls or emails, so you pretty much get ripped off. Here is the contact information on this thief:
Greg Horne
General Manager
Best Leads
214-912-9738
Fax 972-499-2308

Did more research and found out he is part of a ring of crooked people including his family. They were sued several times over fax-leads which are illegal. Now they rip off agents by blatantly taking their money and keeping it.
Pass the word and beware.

Fellow Agents, please beware of dealing with this company and person. He was referred by a GA named Ed Lynch as a reliable lead source. His so called method is to use a Phone Dialer to businesses in designated States to ask the person if they want a Health Insurance quote. This person ONLY will accept a check for payment and at $20 per lead. This was back in beginning October and he has yet to fulfill my order for 10 leads, does NOT return phone calls or emails, so you pretty much get ripped off. Here is the contact information on this thief:
Greg Horne
General Manager
Best Leads
214-912-9738
Fax 972-499-2308

Did more research and found out he is part of a ring of crooked people including his family. They were sued several times over fax-leads which are illegal. Now they rip off agents by blatantly taking their money and keeping it.
Pass the word and beware.

And that my friends is the real definition of a crap lead source/criminal basically. Thx for posting this. I encourage agents who work with me or who I speak to to only consider the bigger more well known lead companies. None of the others have any magic bullet and if you cant find info on them on this forum don't give them your money! Sorry to hear you got screwed by this scumbag.

Part of the problem is the consumer. Speaking from my own experience it seems as though every agent I talk to wants a guaranteed qualified, lay down sale for a lead and they want it for less than $10. I can't knock anyone for wanting that, but it takes time to generate leads and there is no guarantee. I used to sell leads to agents in areas I wasn't working, but it turned out to be more hassle than it was worth. Everyone thinks it's a piece of cake to just hire a telemarketer and have them generate leads, but it's a ton of work and it's expensive. I only take clients every once in a while now and only under specific terms that most agents won't agree too.

Why telemarket? I prefer leads in which the client initiated contact. That shows greater interest and is more likely to result in an app.

Back