Background for P&C License

LaGe

Hi,
6 years ago I had a rough patch and was arrested three times in 9 months. Two were for felonies. First, Grand Larson for taking a golf cart..bought them a new cart and case was dismissed. Second, Aggravated Assault for a bar fight..pled no contest to a misdemeanor.
The third was a misdemeanor for possession of marijuana.. I completed a diversion program and case was dismissed.

..Yikes..I know I have an uphill battle but I am indeed a person of morals and integrity.

All of my charges have been expunged and I want to apply for my P&C license.

I understand the board looks into most aspects of peoples lives before denying them. I think I have a pretty good case, good grades in school, eagle scout, lots of community service, served time in the AF Reserves, diplomas, and I have started my own business since. I am also married and have child now.

Do you think I have a strong enough case to have my application considered?

I already have a job lined up after passing my exam.

Anything helps, thanks!

Hi,
6 years ago I had a rough patch and was arrested three times in 9 months. Two were for felonies. First, Grand Larson for taking a golf cart..bought them a new cart and case was dismissed. Second, Aggravated Assault for a bar fight..pled no contest to a misdemeanor.
The third was a misdemeanor for possession of marijuana.. I completed a diversion program and case was dismissed.

..Yikes..I know I have an uphill battle but I am indeed a person of morals and integrity.

All of my charges have been expunged and I want to apply for my P&C license.

I understand the board looks into most aspects of peoples lives before denying them. I think I have a pretty good case, good grades in school, eagle scout, lots of community service, served time in the AF Reserves, diplomas, and I have started my own business since. I am also married and have child now.

Do you think I have a strong enough case to have my application considered?

I already have a job lined up after passing my exam.

Anything helps, thanks!

I don't know that the expunged records are blocked from view of the licensing authority. Unfortunately, your felonies are a crime of "moral turpitude" which prevents you from being licensed. However, it has been 6 years, so you may be OK. The only way to find out is apply and make sure your explanation letter is CLEAR, HONEST and expresses regret. Include character references. I have seen people get licenses granted with felonies, however getting an insurance company appointment is another thing altogether. This can be difficult.

Back