Do Carriers Ever Request An FBI Background Check?

Richard77777

Hi i'm just curious, i know that carriers will do a national and state background checks, but do they ever request an FBI background check and fingerprinting? Thanks for your help!

I have a record that only shows up via the FBI check, not at all through any national or state checks. Thanks again!

State inspections of organizations and companies are regularly conducted. Any firm must be prepared for an inspection by special agencies. Quite often, they check medical and educational institutions. If you own a pharmacy, be prepared for audits such as PBMs. Many entrepreneurs hate these audits because they often lead to lawsuits. Unfortunately, not all people know how to protect themselves, and their businesses from the bad consequences of PBM audits. One major issue that negatively impacts both pharmacies and patients is the lack of transparency. This is the reason why pharmacies are accused and disbarred. To protect yourself from audits, check out the defense strategies at PBM Audit Defense: Key Strategies for Pharmacies in 2022 | JD Supra.

Last edited:
Does anyone else think that is a strange question? :err:

I don't see that as any more strange than some of the other "checkup" questions that pop up from time to time.

But, after reading the post, my question becomes--

Based on reading here, there are apparently some states that require fingerprinting for agent applications. (I think KS has joined that group.) So, if a person has fingerprints on file with the FBI in some kind of file that is not totally sealed, how does the FBI record not show up when the state starts its check on the fingerprints?

CA, FL, and I think NJ all required it for my non-res licenses.

CA definitely did a federal check b/c it took like 6 weeks for it to clear. That was a long time ago and they still used fingerprinting ink cards. I took mine to a buddy at the NYPD to get them done and it took him 15 minutes to find an old enough cop to do them lol (they had moved on to electronic prints).

Back