Bad Day - Should I have confirmed?

Frank, now that I think about it, that is true. The women are the ones who normally do the insurance stuff. I have been on many appointments where the woman says, "Honey, we are going to get this" and the guy says ok.

I still like my crown royal. Just make sure you do not call them after a few drinks...

It's not uncommon for the husband to not even sit down at the table. His only involvement is signing the app.

Occasionally the husband will "dare to ask her a question" and if I sense a "discussion" developing I will ask where the bathroom is and leave the two of them together for a while. More often than not, when I get back she has prevailed and he quietly signs the app.

Women only let men think they are in charge. :D

The 1st time we were sold life insurance before I got into this biz the agent say down with my wife and I at the kitchen table, took out a pad and pen, turned to my wife and asked "Ok, John dies tomorrow and I'd like you to walk me through the next five years."

I don't think I needed to be in the room.

The 1st time we were sold life insurance before I got into this biz the agent say down with my wife and I at the kitchen table, took out a pad and pen, turned to my wife and asked "Ok, John dies tomorrow and I'd like you to walk me through the next five years."

I don't think I needed to be in the room.

You weren't there, you were already dead and buried.

Great approach, if you object then she starts crying and says that you don't care about her and the your children. Maybe not your wife, but I'll bet a lot would.

You spend the next week on the couch and are treated like a stranger in your own home. :D

He was arguably the best agent I've ever met. Extremely good sense of humor which I appreciated but also all business.

He would not allow me to talk. Right after he asked my wife to walk him through the next five years I started to chime in to help Lisa - and he wouldn't have any part of it. He said "You're dead - remember?"

So I had to sit there and watch my wife attempt to answer the questions. Turns out she wasn't on my business account. How would she be able to get that money? She would...but it would take time. She couldn't make it through the next 3 months and we finally ended up with her living back with her parents. My wife also didn't know how to access a lot of financial information.

He asked questions I would have never thought to ask. At the time we were 3 months into a 2 year lease on a single family home. Past the three months after all the money ran out and she said she'd go back home she asked "So your landlord will just cancel your lease?" Obviously he wouldn't. If she could not honor the rest of the lease she'd be evicted. Then she'd never be able to rent or possibly buy a house.

Obviously that was a sale.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back