Bankers Life

tnks2hp

Expert
Is anyone here familiar with this company? My online research hasn't come up with anything negative, but I'd like to know if anyone here knows about them?

Thanks

Is anyone here familiar with this company? My online research hasn't come up with anything negative, but I'd like to know if anyone here knows about them?

Thanks

Your kidding right? Your online research has not brought up anything negative about Bankers Life?

bankers-life | Ripoff Report | Complaints Reviews Scams Lawsuits Frauds Reported

Employment Hiring Scam

Bankers Life & Casualty scam

That was just three quick google searches....a quick search of this forum reveals

http://www.insurance-forums.net/for...discussions/bankers-life-casualty-t48490.html

http://www.insurance-forums.net/for...ankers-life-casualty-good-newbies-t33107.html

There are many more I am just am little just a little lazy with the cut and paste right now.

Please don't mistake this as an attack I just don't want to post the same responses to the same questions over and over again. I will say this for Bankers like every other insurance carrier I have worked with I took something away from my experience with Bankers.

Lower than street comp, captive product line, and from what I've heard from agents a lack of leads! Again, I have no personal experience with them, this is just opinion of 3 of our agents that are forming Banker's agents. I could get you their contact info if you'd like a one on one q&a with them!

This one is popular for researchers who get tired of reading.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks

I have never been contracted with Bankers Life, but my first gig as an insurance agent was with a couple of former BL agents that started their own Great American agency and from the various forums I have read here about BL and my experience with these two, I would say run. Run fast. Run far. If you happen to run into any GA guys, keep running. That's just my experience, though.

If you are wanting to get into the insurance business, find an independent agent in your area that will take you in. Expect lower than street comps, but at least you will get some of the better training.

BL and GA agencies are in the business of finding new agents, running them through the ringer with junk leads, leading them on making them think that if you just hang on a few more months, you will start to really get into the money. What ends up happening more often than not is the new agent ends up broke and moves on losing any business drummed up. Those commissions stay with BL and GA, the newbie gets a swift kick in the fourth point of contact. BL and GA really don't give a donkey about your success, they have new agents lined up to continue the scam.

I might be a little biased after getting burned and someone here can stand up for them. I wouldn't sit around waiting, though.

I saw the negative remarks after I had already made the post.
I haven't signed a contract, but I'm starting training with them tommorrow.

This is really disheartening since I'm new and I was hoping to get my start with some descent training.

I saw the negative remarks after I had already made the post.
I haven't signed a contract, but I'm starting training with them tommorrow.

This is really disheartening since I'm new and I was hoping to get my start with some descent training.

Run away don't walk.

xrac said:
Run away don't walk.

I guess I take a somewhat different take. I spent about 4 months with Bankers at the begining of my career. I learned some valuable skills of getting on the phones and making those appointment calls....I also learned how Bankers works and it has been a good way of things to avoid. Like every company I have worked "with" I have learned something from the experience.

Back