BCBS of SC Closing Its Doors to New Agents

scagnt83

Worldwide Expert of Everything
5000 Post Club
Maybe I missed this happening in other states... but BluesSC is no longer accepting new agent appointments for Exchange biz starting 2017. Perhaps the first step on the road to $0 comp?

From a recent email:

"Quick Reminder
The Group and Individual division will not offer any new appointments for 2017 individual Affordable Care Act (ACA) products. We will continue to appoint new agents to sell Small Group and Medicare supplement plans, and these agents must submit a criminal history check from the SLED CATCH."

The "SLED CATCH" requirement is new too (background check from state police that the agent has to pay for). Not sure why they would do this other than creating one more hurdle to selling. They claim it is because of their interpretation of state law... but they are the only one in the state who sees it that way... plus Im sure they still do a personal/financial background check, which would show any criminal charges.

It seems they want to put the brakes on new biz?

BCBSTX is doing the same thing, just in a different way...

The new commission structure is tier system, based on your production in March 2015. So if you didn't have 100 (Not confirmed, but that's the number that was the best guess in the meeting), you are getting paid peanuts.

They obviously want the agents who have a clue and have stuck it out until now. This also discourages any new agents from signing up.

I don't think they putting the brakes on new biz. I think they are done with new agents.

BCBSTX is doing the same thing, just in a different way...

The new commission structure is tier system, based on your production in March 2015. So if you didn't have 100 (Not confirmed, but that's the number that was the best guess in the meeting), you are getting paid peanuts.

They obviously want the agents who have a clue and have stuck it out until now. This also discourages any new agents from signing up.

I don't think they putting the brakes on new biz. I think they are done with new agents.

Better known as....CYA! :)

It's always about dollars and cents. Do new agents cost them a lot of dollars...and cents?

I'm new so I dunno, but there's always a reason, right?

Maybe I missed this happening in other states... but BluesSC is no longer accepting new agent appointments for Exchange biz starting 2017. Perhaps the first step on the road to $0 comp?

From a recent email:

"Quick Reminder
The Group and Individual division will not offer any new appointments for 2017 individual Affordable Care Act (ACA) products. We will continue to appoint new agents to sell Small Group and Medicare supplement plans, and these agents must submit a criminal history check from the SLED CATCH."

The "SLED CATCH" requirement is new too (background check from state police that the agent has to pay for). Not sure why they would do this other than creating one more hurdle to selling. They claim it is because of their interpretation of state law... but they are the only one in the state who sees it that way... plus Im sure they still do a personal/financial background check, which would show any criminal charges.

It seems they want to put the brakes on new biz?
In Az BC/BS is basically cancelling agents appointments by not paying commissions!

Back