Becoming an Agent for Farmers

ewilkins

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I do have a couple of quick questions about becoming an agent for Farmers. One, does your credit have to be good? I hit a rough patch recently so my credit currently sucks. Secondly, do you have to fork over any money upfront?

Thanks!

Re: Farmers

I think you can't have any large outstanding collections or outstanding late payments. I don't think your credit has to be stellar. No recent bankruptcies. You can ask the DM that you are talking to with at Farmers though, they will know better.

Money upfront? I don't think you pay anything directly to Farmers, but there are costs upfront. Basically, you have to get your license which usually means attending some classes.

Then, you are starting a business. That takes a bit of money, but again, its not paid directly to Farmers.

Dan

The qualification to work for Farmers is to be breathing. Signing on is fairly inexpensive. Walking away is where it can get pricey. Read all of the threads about Farmers and be warned.

I do have a couple of quick questions about becoming an agent for Farmers. One, does your credit have to be good? I hit a rough patch recently so my credit currently sucks. Secondly, do you have to fork over any money upfront?

Thanks!

Are you talking about starting a farmers agency or working under an agency? One is much less expensive.

Are you talking about starting a farmers agency or working under an agency? One is much less expensive.

Hey Josh, I was talking about starting an agency. I know the cost working as a producer would be MUCH cheaper other than the fact I wouldn't get to keep my book of business.

Back