Becoming An Agent Is A Pain In The A##

Lets see what was the credit rating of, the Enron guys, bernie madoff, all the bankers from wall street, the mortgage company guys,, wait they had good credit...

The statement was those of bad credit are more likely than those with good credit...The statement does not say or mean everyone with low credit has no morals nor the reverse of those with good credit its an indicator nothing more.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I posed the question about credit to my agent at SF. I was told studies have shown that people with poor credit are more likely to commit fraud which is a higher risk to an insurance company. It would've been silly to engage in a debate about individuals and their credit. It was staggering to me to see this person believe in his heart the statement he spoke to me was the truth about individuals and their credit.

Where you are having a problem is few Insurance Carriers care one way or another about the individual. In their business its all about the law or large numbers. Those studies have shown people with poor credit are more likely to than those with good credit. The study does not say everyone with poor credit has no morals.

Its the same way underwriting works when you sell your life policy you may have an individual who his Drs say reasonably is very healthy but the insurance company is looking at a pool of people with the same issues and know if they have 10,000 people with those same conditions that X number will die each year...They don't know which of those 10,000 will die every year and they simply don't care for thier purposes.

Last edited:
Back