Bernie's Medicare for All Plan; Going Anywhere?

Future of Bernie's Medicare for All Plan

• Bi-Partisan Agreement

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would prefer to see a plan design where most procedures are allowed charges with high deductibles and HSAs for those that can afford it and copays for those with incomes under $x. My reasoning is that providers need to be paid, HDHP and HSAs work well for those who understand and have money, we need to deliver services at a lower point than emergency rooms and we need to pay for it.

We need access to heatlhcare and avoid the mentalit where we think we can vote ourselves a raise simply having the gubmt pay for it.

Sure we should have voted for Bernie. Many did and the Dems fought against him. We ended up with the worst since Nixon. Perhaps worse than Nixon - certainly more egotistical and corrupt.

Some of us remember Nam and the bloody images coming across daily in stark black & white TV and the demonstrations and social upheaval that was necessary. I talked to a friend of mine who is in his 70s. He reminded me that when he came back from Nam, he couldn't go into a restaurant and order and he & I wouldn't have been sitting at the same table.

Procedure prices need to come down. I have a client that just wrote a 5x higher check to Quest for a simple lab test from a DOS where he didn't have coverage. There is no reason for the up charge essentially for out of network. Even the network charge is above Medicare.

We need something different with healthcare but not another cluster headache with premiums as high as we have now.

5. Raise revenue for the program partly by:

Charging employers 75% of what they are currently paying for health benefits, or 7.5% of payroll, whichever was higher.

Charging families 4% of income for coverage.

Eliminating the current group health tax exclusion.

Apparently the senators do not understand that Employer based insurance is part of the employees compensation. Just because the employer takes that compensation and gives it to an insurance company on behalf of the employee and then calls it a "benefit" does not make it employer paid.

Good luck senators on having employers contribute anything without the tax advantages.

Best idea so far for the most part. Save $billions by not having so many insurance company costs, zillions of $1m execs etc. We are about the only major country without universal health care and current system most expensive in the world and ineffective mess. Also, should allow negotiation of Rx costs.

I would prefer to see a plan design where most procedures are allowed charges with high deductibles and HSAs for those that can afford it and copays for those with incomes under . My reasoning is that providers need to be paid, HDHP and HSAs work well for those who understand and have money, we need to deliver services at a lower point than emergency rooms and we need to pay for it.

We need access to heatlhcare and avoid the mentalit where we think we can vote ourselves a raise simply having the gubmt pay for it.

Sure we should have voted for Bernie. Many did and the Dems fought against him. We ended up with the worst since Nixon. Perhaps worse than Nixon - certainly more egotistical and corrupt.

Some of us remember Nam and the bloody images coming across daily in stark black & white TV and the demonstrations and social upheaval that was necessary. I talked to a friend of mine who is in his 70s. He reminded me that when he came back from Nam, he couldn't go into a restaurant and order and he & I wouldn't have been sitting at the same table.

Procedure prices need to come down. I have a client that just wrote a 5x higher check to Quest for a simple lab test from a DOS where he didn't have coverage. There is no reason for the up charge essentially for out of network. Even the network charge is above Medicare.

We need something different with healthcare but not another cluster headache with premiums as high as we have now.

Thank god Bernie did not become president. I have Trump pretty low on the list on who I wanted Pres but Bernie was on the very bottom.

Free college? Now let's make a college degree just as good as having a HS degree. And all the taxpayers get to pay for it.

Free insurance at 100% coverage? Sure, I don't mind that my taxes go up $15k a year. Now I don't have to pay my $240/month insurance premium anymore [/sarcasm]

Wannabe Democrat presidential candidates for 2020 are lining up behind it. They feel they will have a leg up on Republicans if they use Medicare for all as their rallying cry and platform.

If Republicans continue screwing up badly this year, 2018 might see a democratically-controlled Senate and House. President Trump is flexible enough to work with whoever's running the show as long as they get things done.

Funny how nobody ever complains about Medicare once they hit age 65... they even talk about how they cant wait to hit 65 to collect Medicare (especially if they are paying IFP premiums). But when it gets floated for those under 65 its like the world is going to end for some people... yet those same people jump on Medicare at age 65 without a second thought.

The folks over 65 have "earned" it.....you haven't! ;)

Thank god Bernie did not become president. I have Trump pretty low on the list on who I wanted Pres but Bernie was on the very bottom.

Free college? Now let's make a college degree just as good as having a HS degree. And all the taxpayers get to pay for it.

Free insurance at 100% coverage? Sure, I don't mind that my taxes go up $15k a year. Now I don't have to pay my $240/month insurance premium anymore [/sarcasm]

Excuse me privileged little boy. I never said plan design with 100% coverage. Look at large group claims. 90% of enrollees have claims under $5000. Those with decent incomes can afford a HDHP, can fund HSAs which is wealth accumulation and the plan only incurs admin costs.

People with low incomes aren't going to pay unless you collect tax or copays. RX copays cover 30 to 50% of the price. We pay for the working poor now with our higher premiums. Providers simply pass costs of non-pays along to those with insurance. Moving those people from the ER to clinics saves money.

We implemented free HS because having an educated work force is beneficial. Those with college degrees earn more and pay more in taxes.

Medicare as currently has one of the most expensive plan designs possible and is heavily subsidized . I would prefer a HDHP for those with assets. The IRS currently gets a statement at least annually from every account that a person owns. Those with assets don't need a low deductible plan with unlimited liability. It is a poor design.

Last edited:
Back