Bernie's Medicare for All Plan; Going Anywhere?

Future of Bernie's Medicare for All Plan

• Bi-Partisan Agreement

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It may be possible for a plan like this to pass if Trump moves to the right and the country gets into chaos. And the country now votes for a looney on the left. I hope that does not happen.

If Bernie's plan was submitted to Trump this week and if it was called TrumpCare and removed any references to Obamacare, and it included private insurerers right to sell supplements he could sign it. I have no way of predicting what Trump will do next week.

Part of the problem with Bernie's plan is that I don't see how it will lower pharma prices a lot. It will make a marginal difference. When you compare US medical costs to Swiss system or Japanese, we also pay our doctors way more than them. So I can't imagine in our current political system how we can lower prices for pharma and lower salaries for doctors. MEdicare for all is like a band-aid solution coming from the left without fixing the main issue. Medical costs are too high in the USA.

Excuse me privileged little boy. I never said plan design with 100% coverage. Look at large group claims. 90% of enrollees have claims under $5000. Those with decent incomes can afford a HDHP, can fund HSAs which is wealth accumulation and the plan only incurs admin costs.

People with low incomes aren't going to pay unless you collect tax or copays. RX copays cover 30 to 50% of the price. We pay for the working poor now with our higher premiums. Providers simply pass costs of non-pays along to those with insurance. Moving those people from the ER to clinics saves money.

We implemented free HS because having an educated work force is beneficial. Those with college degrees earn more and pay more in taxes.

Medicare as currently has one of the most expensive plan designs possible and is heavily subsidized . I would prefer a HDHP for those with assets. The IRS currently gets a statement at least annually from every account that a person owns. Those with assets don't need a low deductible plan with unlimited liability. It is a poor design.

Excuse me ma'am. When did I mention you? You said Bernie should of been president.
He wants 100% free and 100% coverage. End of story.

Excuse me ma'am. When did I mention you? You said Bernie should of been president.
He wants 100% free and 100% coverage. End of story.

As my Quaker grandmother used to say, **** thee.

I don't think it should be free and don't think Medicare's plan design is a good one because it has 1st dollar benefits and doesn't limit liability. 1st dollars are the most expensive. I do think all should be covered, that administration is too high with lots of redundancies and that drug companies are allowed to rape and pillage.

Last edited:
When you compare US medical costs to Swiss system or Japanese, we also pay our doctors way more than them. So I can't imagine in our current political system how we can lower prices for pharma and lower salaries for doctors. MEdicare for all is like a band-aid solution coming from the left without fixing the main issue. Medical costs are too high in the USA.

In Japan prices for healthcare services are tightly controlled by government, e.g., the price for an MRI is set by government, not an insurance company or medical group.

Who do you think will likely bring down the costs, a government that will have to face the anger of its people or big pharm/medical groups?

In Japan prices for healthcare services are tightly controlled by government, e.g., the price for an MRI is set by government, not an insurance company or medical group.

Who do you think will likely bring down the costs, a government that will have to face the anger of its people or big pharm/medical groups?

For the record you can't compare the rules and regs of one country to another. The Japanese and English systems have a completely different history than the American health care system.

That's one of the reasons we are one of the few industrialized nations that don't have National Health Care (if not the only one). That being said, it's going to happen as health costs in the US spiral out of control.

I don't expect to see it in 10 to 20 years but we are heading down that path and I fully expect to see it in my lifetime.

It has 16 co-sponsors. GOP is clueless on what to do and their constituents are exacerbated when it comes to "healthcare".

Bernie Sanders unveils 'Medicare for all' plan with 16 co-sponsors

Will it go anywhere? Will it morph into a Bi-Partisan agreement? Will it die a fiery death? Should we have voted for Bernie instead?? Do we get more of the same for 3 more years???

Keep in mind that Trump is making deals with the Dems at the moment. So maybe Bernie thinks this is his opening. We all know Trump has voiced support for single payor in the past. So who knows.

Vote away.
Bernie is wasting his time and that of the American people. Single payer is way too expensive and his proposals have not been able to address this problem. He repeats the same platitudes of "we are the only major country that doesn't provide healthcare to all citizens" but this doesn't solve anything.

There is a new book that proffers some unique solution that i really recommend.
It's titled "On the Principles of Social Gravity" by Tobore Tobore. Read the second chapter where healthcare is discussed.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1622...236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=social+gravity

Medicare is too expensive and has horrible plan design but that didn't stop us. ACA violates what carriers know is necessary to control costs. That didn't stop us.

We have the best Congress money can buy. Rest assured that the large companies will continue to rape and pillage and no market forces allowed in the medical system at all.

Back