Best annuity payout 5 years

Like MTC said, it's not competitive.

The strategy is VERY sound and one that we employ daily. Most of these products have similar factors that affect the income payout, however, that example has many carriers (Corebridge, National Western, F&G, Ameritas, Midland, Allianz and others that are below A rated so we don't normally quote them) over 90k/yr (10%+ more income in several cases) with the same design.

So, the idea is great and very attractive in conjunction with other planning/distribution concepts. It's just that Nationwide isn't competitive for that design.

Thanks again TR. I went back and looked at the presentation (the summary was 80 pages! LOL), and I didn't look at the complete version in detail at all. However, when I glanced at all the tables/schedules I see they (carriers/products) were categorized in a variety of ways -- ratings (and other financial parameters), product features and riders, etc. It's a lot of material! LOL. I can see ratings and financials being a substantial factor of course. It makes perfect sense, and is prudent to not show carriers below A-rated.

Like I said, the client/case studies were very interesting, and like you said, the various strategies they portrayed are VERY sound and attractive. For a client of that age, type, net worth, etc. -- these various strategies can be very powerful and beneficial. One of the scenarios showed bifurcating both qualified and non-qualified assets into two or more components -- and using distributions from (one component of) qualified assets, and distributions from (one component of) non-qualified -- to increase income and lower the effective tax rate one would pay on that income. While I am sure we've all seen this countless times before and it's certainly nothing new, I like the distribution planning and tax orientation of it. Strategy, not product. The software the presenter used was a combination of spreadsheets and something that looked like a version of the tax and distribution components of and eMoney platform.

Anyway, thanks again for the insight, and thanks to all who contributed.

I had forgotten about this because I am interested in joint life payouts.

If you go to single life payouts, ages 70 and above, and take lifetime income after one year on $100K, according to their consumer facing calculators, the Nationwide payout is a bit higher than the North American. ( I believe the Nationwide payout used to be a lot higher, but it is still slightly over.)

If you do joint life payouts, it's a different story.

Thanks. All the examples from the study I looked at were single life payouts. The example(s) were based upon high-quality planning, other assets invested, life insurance in place, etc. I am sure single to joint can make massive differences from carrier to carrier. Thanks again.

Back