Best Health Plan In OH ?

I just moved here (OH) from TX about a year ago. I took a hiatus from selling health. Any ideas on what the top 3 health plans are here so I can make sure my contracts are in order....

Thanks ...any feedback would be appreciated.

Re: Best Health Plan In Oh???

I think Chumps from Oxford is in OH - he is probably the best one to talk to about the best rates/carriers.

UHC is pretty strong in OH (or so I am told)

Yes, UHC is usually very strong. Medical Mutual, Anthem and Humana for ST (along with Celtic) are also good options.

Keep in mind that the area of the state will determine (in some cases), which company is competitive.

Welcome but you better start adding some additional lines of business to your portfolio.

I am out of the Cleveland area like you and Golden Rule (UHC), and Anthem are usually your best lower cost options. Another one that I have been using lately that is pretty good is American Republic, they have some good plans that are very customizable. For the right person they can work best. Like Chumps said, I would advise adding some new product lines. Due to health care reform most of the carriers have stopped advancing, or dropped advances to or below 6 months. Many have also amended the contracts to allow them to take back a good chunk of commissions should commission fall into the 20% operating expenses, Obamacare is requiring.

Last edited:

Thanks everyone! I'm very familiar with American Republic, and of course Golden Rule.... I trended towards life and critical illness before I moved here. Once I moved here I stopped selling almost completely aside from referrals to help my husband get his real estate biz off the ground (which is the main reason we relocated). Anywho.... I look forward to making money now!!!!

I would agree with everyone and say United Health Care for Ohio. I primarily write them, or I should say, wrote...I bounced out of health insurance when this reform mess started. I wan't nothing to do with the health industry. :)

Back