Best Indexed Annuity?

I tried to read through some of the Allianz product brochures and there sure do seem to be a lot of moving parts and options.

I tried to read through some of the Allianz product brochures and there sure do seem to be a lot of moving parts and options.

Allianz just like any other company is going to have a lot of moving parts. If it is not on the accumulation side, then it is on the DB side.

I will not even get started on the income side........LOL

What it boils down to is that the agent must know the product they are selling, and many companies do a piss poor job of explaining them.

I know of one company that I called here recently for one of my guys to get an answer to his question; that did not even know the answer.

This particular company told me that I should refer to the local department of insurance for clarification on their own product........LOL

Trying to sell an Allianz product recently, the guy said "Is there a brochure you can give me?"

Before even thinking, I said "Yeah, but you won't understand it."

I immediately realized how insulting that sounded, so I had to add "But hey, I'm in the business and I don't understand it myself."

I think we all know that the old "give me a brochure" is a kiss-off. I won't give them to anybody. It isn't just Allianz. They are all pretty much horrible and a real deal breaker. Aviva came close to some good brochures, but then you had to give the client their MVA brochure at some point. It was a requirement and the client had to sign off that you gave it to them and explained it "thoroughly."

We meet with one guy today and he was comparing Allianz to our LSW product.

Allianz:
1) Upfront bonus but not vested.
2) 8% simple interest on the accumulation value.
3) Laundry list of things to tie the money to.

LSW:
1) Upfront vested immediate credit bonus.
2) 7% compound interest on the accumlation value.
3) A short list to pick from to tie the money to.

He really liked the LSW, we will see????????????

Really depends on a variety of factors...age of client ? bonus product? what is long term agenda? legacy money or income needed? I know boring answer, but cant be answered without this.

Aviva has a nice 10 year product with 5% bonus, descent caps and spreads etc. This is a hedge against market volatility. I expect to earn 5-6% over 10 years. If you are looking for a big hit, talk to a stock broker. You may earn more or lose it all. I like the guarantees in the indexed annuity for some of my money.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Allianz has a ton of hidden bogies and moving parts. They were the king of two tiered products until they got a class action lawsuit. I do not like that company. Snakes

Last edited:
I like the New Directions 6 and 8. Treated my clients very well since 2003.

I agree, new directions is a good product. No one else has mentioned LFG EIAs...
Their optipoint with the immediate 4% bonus, and the yearly triggered account is great!

anyone still selling ING EIAs at all? their envoy series was nice but I have stayed away the past couple of months because of the restructuring.

Ya know how indexed annuities or at least some of them can be tied to the performance of the S & P 500 performance as to how well it does?

Well I wish there was one out there that did the same thing only it was tied to how bad the S & P 500 does. So if over a year on point to point the S & P loses, you make money on those losses.

What say you?

Obi1....

Anico used to have an annuity that allowed the client to profit a bit from downside losses. Can't remember the product name now or if they are still offering it but what I do rememnber was rather than an annual pt to pt, I think it was either a 5 or 10yr pt to pt or something like that.

Latest posts

Back