Best Indexed Annuity?

I have been licenced here in SC since 2005 but had my licence in CA as well. I am just trying to learn Indexed Annuity's and these type of products you can sell without the securities. If you know of a good info book or ? that will help please let me know. Thanks
I Have been selling Mort. Life and Senior products. Term/Whole Life Medicare products. I have attended one seminar on Annuities with Tyrone Clark and was not very impressed with the presentation of the material. Basically throw a little info at agents and contract them and hope they write business for overrides and keep paying for our lousy seminars to expand your knowledge. Thanks for any help you can recommend in advance.

I have been licenced here in SC since 2005 but had my licence in CA as well. I am just trying to learn Indexed Annuity's and these type of products you can sell without the securities. If you know of a good info book or ? that will help please let me know. Thanks
I Have been selling Mort. Life and Senior products. Term/Whole Life Medicare products. I have attended one seminar on Annuities with Tyrone Clark and was not very impressed with the presentation of the material. Basically throw a little info at agents and contract them and hope they write business for overrides and keep paying for our lousy seminars to expand your knowledge. Thanks for any help you can recommend in advance.

You might want to start out with "Annuities for Dummies". Then there are all kinds of places on the net to learn about annuities.

Need a little help...........

I have had a few people ask me about one of the features of the FIA's. Basically the question is: How can you not lose money?

See the floor is zero. So when they put their money into the indexed side and say it is based on the performance of the S & P 500 and the market goes down on point to point, why don't they lose money also.

I'm looking for a professional possibly canned response to this question. I pretty much know what the answer is but I think I am giving too much TMI (too much information) to prospective clients. I lose them somehow mentally.

Have any of you run across this and how do you respond or handle it? The ones I am running across think it sounds too good to be true. I have a brochure that shows not one single customer lost a penny in the indexed annuity but sometimes they still want an explanation of how that can be.

Anyone have any ideas or come across this? Thanks for the help.

I like to educate the client, and I do it using the example of $1.00 of premium.

Using ballpark figures, the insurance company takes, say, 10 cents for their expenses and profit. Now with the other 90 cents, the first thing they do is buy bonds that will get your money plus minimal interest back at the end of the ten years.

If the bonds cost 65 cents, then that leaves a quarter for them to buy options on the market. Now, if they can buy the bonds for 60 cents, then the extra 5 cents buys options with a higher cap.

Last edited:
Why don't they lose money? Because it is in the contract that the insurance company is going to take all the risk and in return, they keep a portion of the gains. Very simple.

Back