Beware the Quoting Software

taterpeeler

Guru
5000 Post Club
Here is an analyst of 2 quotes that are incorrect when I was speaking with a client:

Value Penguin:
Blue Choice Silver PPO 003Blue Cross Blue Shield of TexasDeductible$6,000Coinsurance0%Out of Pocket Maximum$6,000More DetailsMonthly Cost $779.52 Premium: $779.52 Subsidy: $0.00 -

From bcbs carrier website:

• Blue Choice Silver PPOSM 003 Save for Later

Blue Choice
    $6,000
    $6,000
    100%
    $30.00

$945.85

TX Department of Insurance Form: TX-I-P-BC-OOC-SL-003

• Silver Plan

Blue Choice Silver PPOSM 004 Save for Later

Blue Choice
    $3,000
    $6,350
    80%
    $35.00

$975.61

TX Department of Insurance Form: TX-I-P-BC-OOC-SL-004

here in texas the rates are the same with most carriers on or off

beware when using 3rd party sites........ also, norvax has a rate problem with cigna in texas

I'm seeing the same types of results in AZ, when comparing rates found from several sources.

Also, beware of the subsidy calculators. None of them can calculate the 2nd lowest cost Silver plan at this point, since they don't have rates for every carrier. So the end result is coming out wrong. The only thing you can know for certain is the member's share of the premium based on their % of FPL.

What's crazy is that ValuePenguin pulled his premiums from the Healthcare.gov dataset.

Has anyone here, or any of your customers, made it through healthcare.gov to the point of buying a plan? I'd like to know if the premium displayed by healthcare.gov matches what the carrier's website says.

What's crazy is that ValuePenguin pulled his premiums from the Healthcare.gov dataset.

Has anyone here, or any of your customers, made it through healthcare.gov to the point of buying a plan? I'd like to know if the premium displayed by healthcare.gov matches what the carrier's website says.

Rumor I am hearing is there has only been 6,200 apps to go through Healthcare.gov

The other rumor/CNN, stated 99% of the applications do not have enough information for the carriers to issue a policy. The gov. did not develop a procedure for this type of thing. So you are going to have people that think their policy will start Jan. 1st and it is not.

Rumor I am hearing is there has only been 6,200 apps to go through Healthcare.gov

The other rumor/CNN, stated 99% of the applications do not have enough information for the carriers to issue a policy. The gov. did not develop a procedure for this type of thing. So you are going to have people that think their policy will start Jan. 1st and it is not.

The Washington Post is looking for a single person who can verify that they have completed the entire application process and enrolled in a plan through the federal exchange. So far - goose eggs.

When I got on the healthcare.gov "Support Chat" (using the term support loosely, of course)--they said that agents can do enrollments over the phone, determine subsidy eligibility and still receive credit.

I haven't tried it yet; but this may be our only hope until the government decides to reboot the website.

If you trust the "Support Chat", please contact me quickly.

I have a tropical island for sale off the coast of Alaska for you & it won't last long at my reasonable price.

No. Can't even create account. This is what their 'Chat' says:
[1:57:15 pm]: Kathy
I do apologize that you have consumed so much time trying to access your information or create an account. Be assured, we are aware of the glitches and are currently working on the issue. I would recommend you take some time off from this and try back again sometime next week. I know this is frustrating, and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

If you trust the "Support Chat", please contact me quickly.

I have a tropical island for sale off the coast of Alaska for you & it won't last long at my reasonable price.

OMG.. I laughed. How is that possible in this enironment?

Seriously, the people who conduct the entire application/qualification/enrollment process at healthcare.gov will be in for a rude surprise when the money is deducted from their account, or the bill arrives in the mail from the chosen carrier.

It appears that the healthcare.gov premiums are too low. This might be why carriers say that 99% of all the apps coming into them from healthcare.gov can't be processed. Naturally, the carriers won't say this because the public will blame them for pumping up prices after ObamaCare.gov promised them a lower premium.

As I've said before, The Obama Administration wants health insurers to just go away. What better way to hasent the process than to have them appear to be overcharging everyone? These millions of under 400% FPL shoppers would demand that the Federal Government run ObamaCare fully and completely.
ac

Back