Biden-Harris admin probe urged over Medicare premium offset plan before election

Northeast Agent

Guru
1000 Post Club
Pennsylvania

The Hatch Act prohibits political activity conducted in an official capacity.

"My colleagues and I are concerned that the Biden-Harris Administration is inappropriately using taxpayer funds to mask the defective Medicare Part D policies enacted as part of the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) of 2022 (P.L. 117-169)," Paul wrote to Corey Amundson, the Chief of the Public Integrity Section at the DOJ. "Given the IRA’s central role in the Biden-Harris Administration’s presidential campaign, these concerns warrant additional investigation."

Paul noted that Medicare premiums significantly increased in 2023 following the IRA becoming law.

"Additionally, Medicare Part D premiums were expected to rise even higher this year when open enrollment begins in October," he wrote. "Yet, the Biden-Harris Administration very deliberately initiated a demonstration program to address rising costs for seniors only in an election year."

Nice try, but any investigation at this point will not change things before the election.

News of this probe/investigation will NOT be front page news in the lame stream media.

A very small percentage of folks will even notice or understand what this investigation means.

Even though Dems screwed up the PDP market, they stole other people's money to save OM and my med supp book, and saved people from being forced into managed care. You're the best.

"I grew up middle class, worked at KFC, and learned how to steal to survive at a young age."

Tricia Neuman, senior vice president of KFF and executive director of its Medicare policy program, said that if CMS did not implement the demonstration project, the anticipated increase in premiums for standalone Part D plans could accelerate a shift from traditional Medicare to Medicare Advantage plans.

“It’s possible that the [demonstration] will blunt incentives for people to switch from traditional Medicare to Medicare Advantage,” Neuman said.

Back