Bill Wilson's Insurance Commentary (an Awesome Resource for Agents)

marindependent

Guru
1000 Post Club
I stumbled upon Bill Wilson's blog articles about a year ago and I go back and read them often. For the independent insurance agent they are one of the best single sources of information out there. I would best characterize his articles as picking up where P&C Insurance training ends.

I discovered him originally by putting a complex insurance question into Google and getting his website. I can not recall the question, but he and google answered it. If you are an insurance agent, independent or captive, I suggest you make his blog a regular part of your reading. [Set yourself apart with his knowledge.]

I was not paid nor asked to write the post and to the best of my knowledge I have never met Bill Wilson. I have, of course seen his posts on this forum and read his articles.

If you have read his blog posts and learned from them, either like this post or add a comment. Solid work deserves to be noticed.

I stumbled upon Bill Wilson's blog articles about a year ago and I go back and read them often. For the independent insurance agent they are one of the best single sources of information out there. I would best characterize his articles as picking up where P&C Insurance training ends.

I discovered him originally by putting a complex insurance question into Google and getting his website. I can not recall the question, but he and google answered it. If you are an insurance agent, independent or captive, I suggest you make his blog a regular part of your reading. [Set yourself apart with his knowledge.]

I was not paid nor asked to write the post and to the best of my knowledge I have never met Bill Wilson. I have, of course seen his posts on this forum and read his articles.

If you have read his blog posts and learned from them, either like this post or add a comment. Solid work deserves to be noticed.
This is a great nugget both to stay current and to learn.:yes:

I just bought his latest book on Amazon. I am excited to get into it. He really makes you think twice about how you view things.

This thread reminds me.....I need to read, "When words Collide, the tale of an insurance nerd's, nerdy rise and....f....urther rise."

I need a copy on my shelf for my staff to read as well. (Bill tell us about your visit to Graceland again- On the Commentary)

(Bill tell us about your visit to Graceland again- On the Commentary)

Early in my career as a field inspector with ISO, before the advent of class rating, we got a request in the Memphis office for a fire rate on the “office building” (I.e., converted detached garage) at Graceland. I made an appointment, which was very unusual because we almost always arrived at a property unannounced, and someone picked me up on a golf cart at the gate.

When I got to the office, there was a sign on the door that said, “If you’ve got business here, take care of it and get out.” Elvis’s dad, Vernon, was in the office and I told him what I needed to do, so he basically verbalized the sign for me. I measured things, checked the HVAC system and fuse box, made some notes, and caught a ride back to the gate.

There were people at the gate 24/7 and they were whispering amongst themselves, wondering what famous person I was. In those days I resembled a young Errol Flynn unlike my uncanny resemblance today to George Clooney.

Elvis kept horses on the property and somehow my shoe found an equestrian souvenir while I was walking around. If I had the presence of mind, I probably could have sold that genuine Elvis horse____ to some rube at the gate.

Elvis was actually home that day and I was convinced he would have me in for a lunch of fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches, followed by me driving a new Cadillac home.

But I had to settle for a soiled shoe and this story.

Back