Billing Med Supp Premiums to a Credit Card?

Slade

Expert
I have a new client who absolutely insists that his Medicare Supplement premiums be automatically billed to his credit card. I checked with several carriers and was surprised to learn that none will bill to a credit card, not even on a direct billing.

Does anyone know why this is or know of a carrier who will bill credit cards?

Mr. Jones, I can't grant your wish. No carrier I know of will do that for medical insurance. I tried to find one. I provide you with the best customer service, find the best insurance plans, etc., but this... I can't do. If this means we can't do business... I'm sorry. Give me a call back if you decide otherwise.

Don't jump through hoops for a trouble client. Sometimes it's best to do without "that" client. I've fired several A'hole clients in my day.

I tend to agree with G.Gordon concerning problem clients but his demand seems reasonable to me. I have quite a few clients who pay their life and major medical premiums via credit card just as he claims he currently does. I was just surprised to learn that this option does not seem to be available for Med Supp applicants and thought there might be a good reason.

check Lincoln Heritage, they accept credit cards for their final expense,
I assume they will for their med supps

Mutual of Omaha does if the client goes direct...they do not have this option if they go with an agent! We found out first hand...happen to a couple of our agents.

Latest posts

Back